Sunday, May 1, 2011

Flexing my organizational skills!

Just relocated across the town I live in. Have 2 kids & a husband. Just launched my own home-based, internet-managed business. What does this all mean?

In RE: to my home:
1. I still have a little bit of stuff to put away.
2. I have a house to decorate, but need to paint before I do that.
3. Find a smokin' deal on some coffee brown, low-back leather sofas.
4. Keep my awesome kitchen counter (off from the garage) decluttered.

In RE: to my kids:
1. Need to plan out park days better.
2. Need to schedule daily story/activity time regularly.
3. Got to get more energetic & creative.
4. Get out of the house more (backyard, museums, playdates, etc.)

In RE: to my husband:
1. Schedule date-nights w/ him.
2. Continue our brainstorming mornings.
3. Work cooperatively w/ him.

In RE: to my Beachbody Business:
1. Listen to training calls & watch training webinars.
2. Place an order of marketing tools.
3. Find the health-oriented/desperate to lose weight people.
4. Execute my program & get in the best shape of my life.

Now, the hard part...I need/want to do all of the above NOW, and I still have things like laundry, grocery shopping, family bbqs, and day-to-day chores. All the while, I need and must keep my time with the Lord as the #1 priority to help everything else flow & happen. This week, I need to flex my organizational ability.

For me, this entry above has helped get it out of my head & in front of my eyes. Next step is to make a realistic list of things I need to focus on just this week. And then daily, put one of those items on my to-do list. For me personally, journaling and writing out all the stuff I need and want to do helps. Sometimes when I read what I've written, I am able to cross out the non-essential stuff & then highlight the high priority items.

I think it's Dave Ramsey who has coined the phrase "On Paper - On Purpose". I've lived like this for quite sometime w/out a catch phrase. But nonetheless, we all know that when we write down our goals, we are more likely to achieve them. So look at your everyday 'to-do' list as a 'List of Goals for the Day'. Try it yourself & see what you get done this week. Got my list going...now to get my time organized, my mind flexed & focused! Let's get 'er done!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment