Sunday, July 3, 2011

Conversation with God!!!!

There is not one 'right' way to pray. Really. Sometimes we get in circles and feel like we have to sound like the other person, pray as loud as the other person, but really, you just pray the way you feel led. The important part is that YOU PRAY!

Your prayer life is as personal to you, as your relationship with God. In fact, many times while I'm in the kitchen cleaning up, doing dishes, I am praying to God. But because my prayers are so on-going...like a conversation, my husband will appear and ask "Who are you talking to?"...My answer, "God". As though He is really there with me....And He is.

If I could point out one thing I've experienced through prayer (besides numerous answered prayers), it would be how your prayers change when you begin to pray over something for an extended amount of time. For me, my prayers grow stronger or weaker. They get more specific and broaden...and sometimes, I just get plain holy-roller style.

You'll find that the more/longer you pray over things, certain things about the situation are revealed, which is God's way of showing what further needs to be prayed over.

One challenge is praying without strings attached to the outcome. The goal is to be so content in the Lord, knowing that He has your best interests in mind, and trusting Him with the end result. If you dedicate enough time to the prayer journey...you will see how your heart will change and align with the finale He has in store for you. God is amazing!

One thing though that has been a burden on my heart recently is...as we pray over things, we must guard our hearts. I am so sorry to report that some receive 'confirmations' that completely contradict the Bible. True, some do. God won't contradict Himself. So if you feel like God is leading you in one direction and the words, "but I know His Word doesn't teach that" come out of your mouth...then stop, pull the car over & ask for directions because you're headed the wrong way. Period.

But think about that safety net that He provides. He doesn't leave it up to you to hear Him 100% of the time. He gave us the Word as our map book. Our guidelines. So then...if you set out on a prayer mission, make sure you tuck that Bible under your arm, because you're going to need it. Use the Bible, use prayer...and get to where God is calling you today!

Have a great Sonday!

No comments:

Post a Comment