Monday, August 29, 2011

My Husband's 200 lb. Weight Loss Story!

Check out his blog @
http://www.thislittlepiggywenttothegym.com/
for some Before & After Pics!
Many of you know Dave and knew him as a 300 lb. man...and some knew him as a 425 lb. man.

Sharing Dave's story is heavy on my heart. Perhaps it's to discourage the HOLIDAY BULGE. Perhaps it's to discourage the PROCRASTINATION.

Or maybe it's to ENCOURAGE YOU
that no matter how much weight loss you have, it's possible!!!

I'm going to start from the season I met Dave and our friendship days. The days that he was doing that dreaded Atkins, fat & protein/low-carb diet. The meals we shared: salad w/ ranch, fried chicken & NO FRUITS, little veggies.

I'm going to recap what happened the season we got married, when I got pregnant and how a 285 lb. Dave went to 425 lbs. w/in a 9 MONTH PERIOD.

Then I'm going to share the year that things changed when our first son was born. How the desire in Dave's heart was for Daniel to NOT know him as an OBESE DAD was so strong & was his motivation.

I will share the journey from Weight Watchers, thru Trainer Tom...and up to now. We are going to be transparent on the struggles...and how people who told Dave he was getting 'too skinny' had adverse affects on his motivation.

One thing I've learned is that for the obese person - FOOD is the drug. They have an addiction. They have overcome it...yet it still wants to haunt them and creep back in and take over. But if you have the mindset that you are NEVER going back, and you let people help you - YOU DON'T EVER HAVE TO BE BIG AGAIN!!!!

I'm excited to share this info! As a wife, the role I played will be shared as well. When a man & woman get married, the 2 become 1 - And I had an active position as Dave's helpmate to help him reach his goals. I am going to share how I continue to be that voice of reason, truth, and encouragement in Dave's life. We're in this together - join me as I share!

I hope you join me as share this story of a real weight loss struggle and the truth of what food can do to a life, a marriage, and a family! Join me in this journey, as it is my hope that you will receive truth to motivate you to lose weight, yet give you the hope that it is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment