Saturday, October 1, 2011

I am Musical and Peaceful - by James Hickok (14 yr. old)

I hope that you enjoy the following....

I am Musical and Peaceful - by James Hickok

I am Musical and Peaceful. I wonder how the words will be before me on paper. I hear the words besides the music. I see my thoughts inside of me. I want my words to be known.

I am Musical and Peaceful. I pretend it's just me and the words out of my mouth. I feel no one has heard these words in a lifetime. I touch the paper and pen and think. I worry the words aren't as good as in my mind. I cry if the words are the best they can be.

I am Musical and Peaceful. I understand some words have no meaning, but are still great when you hear them. I sing with all I have from my lungs to my mouth. I dream everyone will follow these words just like I did. I try to write great words that will be known. And I'm sure they will be meaningful as you listen deeply in your heart.

I am Musical and Peaceful.

This poem (which was published in a book) was written by a special young man in my life. His name is James and he is 14 now. I've known James since he was born, in fact I was his babysitter from the time he was 3 mos. daily for the first 3-4 years...and then watched him and his brother often thru childhood. He is so special to me. If you knew James, you're life would be blessed and the words of this poem would be richer and even more meaningful.

As he grows older, you see the inner workings of genius in him as he has self-taught himself to play the guitar, the saxophone...I think the drums...piano. I don't know, all I know is when he wants to learn an instrument & he gets his hands on it, & he's learning to play it in no time. I believe he's a fan of Bob Marley (see pic below) and been inspired by the infamous Beatles.

He is in high school now and appreciates the real, genuine things in life like music, friends, and family...and he loves God. He is going to go far in life and I am so blessed to know him and his family. I love them as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment