Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What you put in - is what you get out!

I'm working on this project right now and so with it, I am reading a couple of books and I came across this illustration today.

It speaks of being a cup, are you going to fill yourself with 'water of the world' - murky, dirty water? Or will you fill your glass with living water from the Word of God, clean, pure water that 'you can offer to others'?

In the last 2 weeks, the stations are all going out on my radio. And of course it's my Christian stations  KDUV 100.1 & Air1 89.5 that goes out first...and my fave KAXL 88.3 was still strong until yesterday. Why is it that my life-giving, edifying, positive stations go out first? Hmmmm, right?

So without CDs in the car, I turn to an old one that I used to listen to KELLY 95.3....and then scanned over to 93.1 & 94.1 - wow! As I listened, I thought, no wonder everyone is depressed, discouraged, discontent in their marriages, their lives...these stations sing of heartbreak, infidelity, promiscuity. There's some motivation for kids to go have sex too soon...the music they listen to is glorifying the 'bumpin' & grinding'. :(

Let this fact strike you as it did me: 
what we put in ourselves is
what those closest gets from us!

So do you truly put the Word of God in your mind & heart daily, so that your family and close friends can be ministered to? See, your pastor is not the one solely responsible to minister to your family, you are. They are your responsibility.

Be responsible & be open to the Word changing your heart, your mind, and your desires so that you can lead your family to a place of peace in God's presence.

Quote Jeremiah 29:11 often. Don't ever let it be a cliche!

Read 2 Chronicles 7:14: "...and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and trun from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Why do we wait until it almost
too late to humble ourselves?

So today, I want you to look at what you listen to on the radio and then look at your attitude immediately following. Try one of those Christian stations and then see how your attitude is.

Same with T.V. - Three & 1/2 Men is/was a funny show....but think about the images it puts in your minds...Not pure to say the least. Filter what you see.

One thing I pursue are things, relationships, books, friends, situations
that are edifying, life-giving, positive.

Proverbs 22:24,25 says: Do not associate with a man given to anger; or go with a hot-tempered man, or you will learn his ways and find a snare for yourself.

Think about it - and then ask yourself: Am I that hot-tempered man/woman given over to anger? If so, what can you do today to change that? Refer to 2 Chronicles 7:14 & go from there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment