Sunday, March 18, 2012

Starting Thesis Research & I need your help!!!!

I am currently enrolled in our local Bible college to get my Master's degree in Christian Counseling and Leadership. And I have began to prepare for my thesis. I have a family that comes first and so I cannot procrastinate on researching these ideas. So I am being proactive and starting now to lay the groundwork.

First step was to:
Create an email account solely for
confidential correspondence for research.

And I've done that...read further for address & what I'm looking for...So now, I need to get the word out about what I'm doing.

The assignment for my thesis is to:
determine a ministry need in Bakersfield, CA.

So here is my request: If you live here in Bakersfield, CA or YOU DID....
I want to hear from you!

What do I see a need for?
In a nutshell, I have an idea for a need for counseling services that have great emphasis on prayer (the power of prayer), support groups, and accountability groups. 

I have an idea of what it will look like, but I need to confirm that it is a need here locally...and it is relevant to my community. Plus, are the specific groups I believe we need...truly a need?

So I invite you email me at ministryresearch@yahoo.com to become part of my contact list for questions and answers.

And YES! This will be 100% confidential. I fear the Lord so greatly - you have my word. Plus, my credibility starts now. So for my future ministry and in honor of the Lord, I will keep your name, your story, your questions and prayer requests strictly confidential.

In the event you were comfortable with me sharing your story, give me the name you would like to be called in my thesis, in the event I can use it. Sally, Joe, Mary, Mac, etc...you get the picture. ("All names will be changed to protect the innocent.")

What will this research be like?
I plan to start the research by doing questions of "what do you think about....?" "Do you think Bakersfield needs help here:_______?" "What is Bakersfield's local ministries lacking?" (Not in a judgemental way, but more of a matter of 'limited resources' kind of way.)

I don't want to recreate the wheel and I don't want to compete. But I really believe in the vision I have...and I want to confirm all that I've concluded, before I spend too much time reading articles and writing this 100 page paper.  (Yes, it's 100 pages...so you see the need for help right?)

Why am I doing this?
I truly believe that God has called me to edify and mend the body of Christ through a variety of ways. And creating this future ministry is one way to help the local body be stronger in their walks and pursuits for the Lord. Perhaps it will be a '501C3, non-profit parachurch organization'...a ministry that comes along the side of a church....not to compete AT ALL with a church...but to be a ministry that is strictly confidential & founded on the Word of God.

It will be non-denominational....and no doctrines of man, but completely accountable to Jesus Christ in upholding to the truth of the Bible. Biblically rooted, biblically sound counseling services.

So will you help me?
If you have something that's burdened you, you've seen a need for, need help with, please, I invite you to email me at ministryresearch@yahoo.com to become part of my thesis project.

And by the way, nothing surprises me either. I am a firm believer in the grace of Jesus Christ. My heart is to see people set free by the Lord. I stand on Matthew 19:26: ...with God all things are possible!!! And I want others to get to that place of faith as well.

So please, help me help our community!

Email me today. We will do correspondence through this email address and keep it very professional, educational, and biblically honoring.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Contact Dr. Victor or Julie Collamer at Summit.
    drv@summitbiblecollege.com or jcollarmer@summitbiblecollege.com
    If Julie hasn't given you the beginning sheets on it, you need them.
    Also, let me know if I can help you.
    thanks, and blessings,
    Dr. V
    PS I would be good to mention above that your Master's degree is at Summit...thanks

    ReplyDelete