Thursday, May 31, 2012

Do you just let some things die?

Do you just let some things die? I do. I am the worse. When I'm done taking care of it, I just let it die. But for good reason...read on.

'It' can be a variety of things. And most times I just let it die since I know after the death of 'it' comes the pruning, right?

Do you ever commit to things that you're great at, come easy, only to find that it's just not what you wanted to do? I have.

Have you ever been involved in a group, activity that the effort you have to put out to sustain it doesn't come easy? I have.

Have you ever taken on a challenge only to find that the only challenging part was finding time, which you don't have, for it? I have. And time is not something I have an unlimited amount of.

Friendships, jobs, ministries are common things that we commit to. Sometimes we have no other choice, sometimes we just take a chance, and other times we walk into them blindly.

It is hard for me to break a commitment or affiliation/friendship. I always intend to keep my word. But sometimes a season of dying happens.

Most time it starts with the time factor. Think of a plant - no time to maintain it will lead to wilting and soon dying. If we're not available to water the plant, it dies.

But after death of a plant, if you just prune back the dead leaves, start watering it again, life will come back through the roots.

Sometimes, the things we commit to have to die so a new thing, a God-ordained kind of thing, can come to life. Maybe it would be better to say, there may be the need for a transplant. Just take that dead plant, toss it in the green can and let the hands of God plant a new seedling in new, fertile soil.

I don't know. I'm in this interesting season in life where I see a neon sign blinking:
JUST  LET  IT  DIE!
The overachiever, overcommiter in me just wants to keep watering 'it' and watering 'it'...but just as in real life, I ain't got a green thumb to start with...and definitely not one for this.

There are things on my horizon that I cannot even fathom how wonderful they will be, but I know that it is time to just let go of this current thing and let 'it' die. Otherwise, I may miss out what is to come.

I've always been one to finish everything I start. Great characteristic, right? But what happens when I start something that wasn't necessarily from God, part of His plan?
  1. I can't be a martyr full of pride standing until I just can't stand anymore.
  2. I need to be gracious to myself.
  3. I need to realize I am human and don't always make the best decision.
  4. I'm not superwoman and that is who can pull this off, not me.
  5. Stop worrying about letting someone down - it's my life. It's between me and God.
Right?

Really, I love putting things on the altar for God to take away or give back to me. He is so amazing and personal on how He moves to get the message clear to me.

Thank you Lord for loving me so much and having such a great plan for my life. Help me to let go of the things that aren't of You so that my hands can be free to grasp the blessings and opportunities You're waiting for me to take. I love You Lord so much...thank YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment