Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Are you content in life?


The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.

He makes me lies down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.

He restores my soul’ he guides me in the paths of righteousness
for His name’s sake.

Psalm 23:1-3

Contentment comes from the full understanding of God. Knowing He is who He says He is. Knowing He loves us and has our best interests in mind at all times. We come to know Him and understand Him by spending quiet, intimate time with Him.

Just as a good parent should, God tells us “NO” when we want things that are harmful and unhealthy for us physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Closed doors may be for our protection, to keep us on the right path.

When you are fully convinced of God’s love for you and remain in His presence long enough for Him to give you deeper understanding on why it needs to be His way, then the more surrendered our hearts are to His will. The more surrendered we are to His sovereignty in our lives - the more contentment we will find with our hearts and attitudes.

 Questions to consider:

What areas of my life am I not content in? Are these areas I have actively tried to improve? Or are they areas I have neglected? Have I told God about my discontentment with complete honesty? Have I asked God to show me what He’s doing in these areas? Have I spent time in prayer over these things?

Concluding thoughts....
Now, there are things that we should be righteously discontent with. Things like being overweight and unhealthy. Things like deep credit card debt, dysfunctional relationships, gossipy sassy attitudes in ourselves and kids. These are areas to submit even further in prayer for God's direction and conquer.
However, there are many areas that we need more contentment in, like the areas that we feel inferior to others, in competition with others, and the areas we are insecure about.
These are the areas to find the Lord and set Him in His rightful place above. We need to fully surrender our wants to His Lordship. Give to God all your hopes, dreams, and desires. And trust Him to give you what He knows you need the most!

Now....How will you handle that discontentment?

No comments:

Post a Comment