Thursday, June 14, 2012

Late night prayer...

Up late reflecting, venting on the page.
Wondering and wandering with my thoughts.

My pen meets the paper and the ink begins to pour,
All of my random thoughts that explain why I'm awake....

And so this becomes my late night prayer to enter into His peace.
Where I can quite my mind enough to go to sleep...

"God, please don't ever leave me -
You alone are all I have...
Who will see me through this life of mine.

Life pulls and tugs,
And beneath the hugs,
Are hidden guilt and continual fear.

Over what I did not manage to do,
Over what I cannot really do.

I try to grin to hide the anxiousness,
Put on a smile and call it happiness.

I'm not ashamed of admitting my weaknesses,
Or being honest about the truth of me.

Because within my soul and heart,
Live two parts.
One part me.
And one part Jesus.

And it is only because of who He is,
That I am able to endure who I am."

- Jennifer Morin 6/14/2012, 10:30 p.m.

G'night....

No comments:

Post a Comment