Thursday, October 4, 2012

My hope is renewed by truly faithful servants!

Writing is my way of venting. And what I want to vent about may make you uncomfortable if you are a church leader.

It is so sad that my foundational thoughts on why people are hurt by the church have continued to be confirmed through this project of helping Favour, my on-fire Nigerian friend.

For the record, I did reach out to 3 churches...and I do have quite a list of 'pastors' on my Facebook friend list. How many churches have shown up so far? NONE. Now, before you are offended or discouraged, read on.

My hope is renewed in the fact that God's FAITHFUL servants who have the finances to give, have given to Favour's cause. I have met some amazing people who seriously love God and have the right heart to help.

Nevertheless, it is odd to me of why it's such a struggle for finances to flow through churches to the poor, needy, impoverished. The churches talk of 'outreaches', yet they are void of reaching out???? Hmmmmmm.

As of now, Favour is getting keys on Friday to her 'new for her' house. She is thrilled. Yet, she needs beds. I have again requested this from a couple of ministry leaders who say they have the heart to help, but we will see what happens.

In my experience with working for a church, there is so much red tape for needs to be met and ministries to be birthed. I do understand when there is so many people, systems help organize. But I have seen so many 'systems, forms, and meetings' get in the way of someone getting helped.

How about the deserted single mom of four who recently reached out for her water to be turned back on? "Fill out a form and wait for your meeting"? HELLO - we don't have water to drink, water to cook with, or water to bathe in!!!! This was a mom whose husband left her for another woman...they had previously paid tithes to this church.

My hope is renewed in the fact that God's FAITHFUL servants who have the finances to give, gave.

I am a person who can see that there are 2 sides to every story. Although, all too often, I see so many people's needs being left unmet.

What's up with numerous divorces coming out of a local church? Are pastors NOT counseling? Or are they NOT referring troubled couples to competent marriage counselors and following up? Marriages are falling by the wayside, kids are being broken by adultery, and the pastors are doing what? NOT getting involved in people's personal lives.

My hope in renewed by the sovereignty and justice of God. Those in leadership positions will be held to a stricter judgement. I pray God's mercy for their souls.

It is apparent I have a heart for ministry and something of some kind will be birthed through me sometime in the near future. I can just feel it. Although, I've already asked one person to hold me accountable to this rule of thumb:

10% - OPERATE MINISTRY - (SUPPLIES/COSTS OF ADVERTISING)
90% - GIVE AND CARE FOR THE POOR

In all that I see and hear, my walk with God remains unjaded. I refuse to let sinful, prideful man interfere with my calling, destiny, and future with the Lord.

I see that God continues to bring these things to my attention because

1) I happen to be writing my thesis on this topic;
2) I learn from others mistakes;
3) I truly have a heart for the broken, poor, and impoverished;
4) To show me the great need to let finances freely flow to real need;
5) To form a ministry for those who want God, but don't want church;
6) To offer counseling to those who have been victimized, jaded, disappointed, and rejected by the church and hurt so bad that they have fallen out of fellowship with God and other believers;
7) To provide an environment to my boys that show them James 1:27 which reads:

Pure and undefiled religion
in the sight of our God and Father is this:
to visit orphans and widows in their distress, a
nd to keep oneself unstained by the world.

My spirit is sooooooo burdened by church leaders not keeping themselves unstained by the world. They lack integrity like the world, they keep up with the latest trends like the world, and stay too busy for real ministry needs like the world.

My hope is renewed by God's ability to change people, His resurrecting power, and His sovereignty.

During the course of writing my thesis, I am going to hear and read about hardcore truths that I may share, like today. I do not do this to discourage you from going to church. I do this to serve as a nagging reminder to church leaders that they are not exempt from God's justice, vengeance, and vindication. I share this to warn them that what they are doing and NOT doing is seen by God and many others, and they are causing MANY to stumble.

My hope is to offer admonishment to leaders and pastor to get back to the Word of God, a life of serious prayer to experince the life-transforming power of God's presence, and to be obedient to what God truly calls them to.

As a disciple of the Word, it is my prayer that if you are a church leader, ministry leader, or pastor of any kind that you would seriously consider what I share.

If you have a hard heart and justify why you do not help the abandoned mother of four, or why you cannot give to a homeless foreigner, I pray that you would pray and fast for God to till your heart, make is soft, and moldable to His desires. I pray that you would truly walk out Matthew 6:33. Working at a church is not just it....where is your heart? Where is your love? Where is your commitment to be the hands and feet of Jesus?

So many are hurting because of your lack of interest in helping people in the name of Jesus. And this serves as a warning to either get on track with what the Bible says and what God is doing...or just go find a new job so that you don't leave a mess of broken, hurt, rejected, and confused people behind.

Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment