Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Ever feel stuck?

I have felt that way in the past, and still do sometimes.

As of right now, right this minute, I have some friends in town, out and about...and I'm stuck at home, literally, with my car stuck in the garage.

I'm stuck behind the computer watching what all my friends are doing tonight, stuck watching on FB, as though it's a t.v. show of what fun to do in Bakersfield on Thanksgiving eve.

I remember this time of year from back in the day. This is the night that everyone is out because they are in town to see family for the holiday. Me? I'm at home with my family.

Although, my hubby is outside with his compadres and papi...and my kids are asleep. I'm stuck having a bowl of cereal and contemplating on emailing in my final for school since I am stuck at home for the night.

But am I stuck? I mean, really? I'm at home, safe and secure. I'm with the people that love me the most. And I will be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for the holiday tomorrow, right?

I can email my final in now, since I'm wide awake and if I do it tonight, I won't have to worry about it tomorrow. Hmmm. Am I stuck?

See it's all about perspective. I am a content person wherever I am, nearly under any circumstance. I'm here with my most favorite people. And if I stay stuck, I can insure I will spend a thankful day with tomorrow.

See, on the flip-side of feeling like I missing out, is the security of knowing that I'm missing out on all the drunk drivers out on the road. Cuz honestly, that's what people are doing this time of night..out and about right? May God be will all my friends and keep them safe and sound...
 
So before we rush out and run from that 'feeling stuck', we ought to find the significance of it, and appreciate it...
 
and be thankful that we will have tomorrow, what we have today.

Good night everyone and Happy Thanksgiving! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment