Saturday, March 9, 2013

LUKEWARM - What is it by definition?

You know you're a nerd when you have fun working on a 75 page paper....

Here's a little excerpt....

"Consider what ‘lukewarm’ in the Greek means, the word in which God describes the church of Laodicea in the Book of Revelation lukewarm is chliaros in the Greek, which means, “ the condition of the soul wretchedly fluctuating between a torpor and a fervor of love.”  Further definition is needed. Torpor is defined as sluggish inactivity, lethargic indifference, apathy, and dormancy; fervor on the other hand is intense heat, passion, and zeal."

Attempting to make this fit as part of my worldview, and will feel like I need to find a way later to refer back to it later when I pose the need for greater discipleship.

Why is this fun? Because it is confirming...no longer do I take offense when people try to criticize me and say that I am too passionate for Jesus...really, according to these definitions can one really be too passionate? Funny how a critical opinion can be received as an affirming compliment.

I was born for such a time as this, to be open and transparent about my faith to serve as an encourager to those who do not want to live the lukewarm life, but find acceptance for their zealous pursuit of the Lord.

It's OK to love God above all....really, it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment