Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Do not feel condemned!

Opinions fly across the room. And for some, judgment is lodged at them from a pulpit. I am so sorry for this.

There's condemnation for a variety of things: divorce, drinking, use of meds (like SSRIs, sleeping medicines, any kind that helps you survive), smoking, driving fast, wearing spaghetti strap tanks, homeschooling....not homeschooling. The list goes on and on.

UNFORTUNATELY,
There is condemnation for everything,
from someone, at some point.

Attached to those...and underlying them, is condemnation for:
NOT TRUSTING GOD!
 
 
Right? "Where is your faith?" Many of them say.
 
Hey, I've got faith God can heal my asthmatic son...but by NOT just stopping his inhaler cold-turkey does not mean I am lacking faith. It means, I have faith that God is the Creator of all things...even medicine...and since the miraculous, divine healing hasn't come yet....I will use Qvar.
 
In fact, on the topic of my son, I honestly believe that the healing for his lungs awaits him OUTSIDE OF BAKERSFIELD (#1 in the nation for bad air). But we don't have relocating on the calendar yet, so on with the inhaler son!
 
See my point. I recently heard that a pastor condemns the use of Prozac from the pulpit. My jaw dropped. I lost a family member to suicide immediately following him stopping Prozac WITHOUT weaning himself off of it.
 
My question to the pastor today was:
Do you condemn ALL MEDICINES????
 
Right? If we condemn one, then shouldn't we condemn them all.
 
In fact, come to think of it, in spiritually abusive churches, proper medical treatment is discouraged and "Just rely only, solely on God"...yea, and some people die or go crazy - literally from that approach. Check out the book: Healing Spiritual Abuse by Ken Blue.
 
Do you remember King Hezekiah in 2 Kings 20? It was fig cake as his prescription from Isaiah for the recovery from his illness.
 
And in John 9, Jesus made a salve of clay for the blind man to regain sight.
 
In my "theology" God is the Creator of all things. This comes from...oh Genesis 1...and Colossians 1:16. Why do we not find the Lord in medicine? And can we be prejudice against psyche-meds and easily swallow heart medicines? Do you see the contradiction and hypocrisy in this thinking? I do.
 
So, for those of you who survive because of any med: Prozac, Cumadin, Lipitor, or Advair...or Ibuprofen....whatever it is....
 
DO NOT FEEL CONDEMNED!!!
 
Of course in all your decision-making, I encourage you to consult with the Lord for direction. But when you feel peace to take a medicine for a condition that you have prayed for divine miraculous healing and not yet got one for...do so with that peace!
 
I break off the judgment and condemnation that so many have put you under, and call you to seek the Lord and walk in faith!
 
I could share stories of how meds have helped in my family...and I shared above how a relative stopping a med wrecked our family too.
 
For the overly righteous, I am not condoning abuse of meds, pain killer addiction, and irresponsible use. That kind of use is not what I'm discussing. And is not use under the guiding of the Holy Spirit.
 
I am talking about people who have sincerely sought the Lord for a healing, direction, and confirmation...and all arrows are pointing to a doctor...and if he says try a med...then try it. If it works, HALLELUJAH!!! If not, back to the prayer closet, right?
 
And for those of you who have felt condemned, just know that people in this world, who have not experienced what you have, or have the same health issues as you:
 
DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!
 
Don't take it personal. Just pray that God will convict them of their judgmental attitude (and pray they are not numb to His conviction).
 
Also, people who are stuck in the bondage of judgmentalness don't even realize the bondage they are putting people under when they talk.
 
Pray for God's intervention in their lives....and pray that God will guide and lead you in all aspects about your medical needs.
 
God is a good God. I do not think God is unable to heal this day and age. I just know that we need to walk by faith. Sometimes the healing is miraculous. And sometimes God gives us the prescription of fig cake or clay! ;)
 
Above all things, "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom!" Find God, seek God, consult with the Lord and follow His leading marked by peace.
 
 
PEACE BE TO YOU! Luke 24:36


No comments:

Post a Comment