Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Been wondering what it is that I eat? Here it is!


Here's what logging your food &
counting calories + exercise does for ya!
In the last month, I've talked about measuring out your food as per serving size, and logging it. Another component to losing weight is counting the calories. With my workout program, I was given a worksheet to help me figure out how many calories I need for my size. So often we try to do a 'one-size-fits-all' regimen, and I don't think that's realistic for us to try. So often are people deprived, which sets them up to binge eat and this starts the crazy cycle all over again.


Last week, I was asked what I eat throughout the day, so I thought I would share what my food log looks like with you today. Note: I am 134 lbs. If you are heavier, you will need a little more calories, if you are smaller than I, you will need less. However, NEVER GO BELOW 1200 CALORIES. I've seen a 'cleanse formula' recently that gave you 1000-1200 cals. per day, but it is made to do for 2-3 days ONLY, not a long-term regimen of less than 1200 calories.

Below is my message that I sent to a friend:

My days are like this:
first thing: coffee (2): 20 cals. total (was 40, but started using 1/4 cup. almond milk for crmr.)
breakfast: mini- bagel w/ 1/4 cup cott. cheese:160 cals. (or 1 cup cheerios + 1/2 cup milk: 120 cals.)
after wkout: shakeology 150-190 cals. (Depending on whether I use almond milk or water.)
lunch: salad w/ chicken & very low-cal drsg. & apple or banana: 270 cal. (or a wrap w/ the lowcarb ww tort: 230 cals.)
snack: carrot sticks dipped in cott. cheese (w/ spices), or 5 prunes, apple wrapped in ham lunchmeat = 100 cals. or a fib. 1 bar (but trying to give those up- 140 cals)
dinner: 1-2 pc. ckn breast, 1/2 cup beans or rice, ton of veggies: 450 cals. (You can make this stir-fry ckn bowl, or fajitas, or in a salad, or just plated up.)

and if there's room in the cal. budget & I need a little something else, 1/2 cup of nonfat yogurt w/ 2/3 cup of blueberries =120 cals. Or a shakeology pop = 25 cals.
Grand total is: 1330 (without the yog.) - 1450 (with yog.)

I use a lot of the same foods and eat diff. ways. I try to avoid diet sodas, but usually drink tea w/ stevia in the early afternoon for a little caff. boost. But only 2 cups of coffee in the early a.m. (which I'm trying to cut back on) and then some early p.m. tea...water the rest of the day, with dinner, all day running errands.

I love cheese, but cannot lose weight w/ it in my diet. I love bread, but have to sub the mini-bagels or mini sandwich thins in for it.


I watch the sodium for the most part. The thing we're cutting back on is the BBQ sauce, we haven't been measuring this out and I'm sure I'm over my cals by at least 100 on bbq sauce alone. We sub bbq sauce w/ spicy salsa too! We use black beans a lot, instead of pinto, great on a salad...mix 'em w/ corn - YUM!

You have to eat to lose weight. You have to get rid of that borderline starving-mode of eating. It will keep your metabolism stagnant if you don't put in more. You cannot be afraid to eat. You just have to eat good, nutrient dense foods...add a ton of veggies. When I have a wrap, I have a ton of tomatoe & greens. And one thing I don't do is count my lean green veggie calories. Those are free to me, because the more I eat, the fuller I am and the less likely I am to reach for the cheese or fiber 1 bars....my biggest hurdles.

Another tip: Drink water like there's a water shortage coming! Try hard to stay away from a bunch of diet sodas and other fake sugary drinks. Do your own research, I've heard it keeps you from losing weight. Plus, most diet sodas have sodium, which leaves you looking puffy.


You've got to look at the long run. PERMANENT weight loss is a marathon...no shortcuts, just adapting to healthier foods and getting super creative with them. It took you how many years to gain weight? So many people want to lose all the weight in a few weeks/months, when it took years of bad habits to get to where they are. You have to stick to eating healthy for a long time and it's worth it. You WILL get an acquired taste for the veggies and less fat in your diet. Just give yourself a chance to break the bad habits of eating bad.

All you have to lose from this commitment is weight and health issues...what you have to gain is a healthy body, more energy, good sense of well-being, and a slimmer body. It's a WIN-WIN when you give up the BAD! You can do it! Hang in there...it's going to be worth it. Just commit at least 6 months to see what kind of results you get. And when you are feeling better and looking better, it will be easy to commit to doing it for a year...and then you'll want to eat this way for the rest of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment