Saturday, August 6, 2011

Let's start a revolution against being overweight & obese!!!

Spoke to a gal this week (who reads my blog...thanks!) And she was sharing with me that she is doing this 500 calorie, veggie/fruit diet. Something called the HCG or something diet. She began her story with "...you are going to kill me".

I love that you all realize that I am all about a long-term plan and really making life-long changes. I am adamantly a NON-supporter of quick fixes and fad diets. Why? Because I have seen the obese/overweight person struggle with dropping weight fast...then gain it back. I've seen them deprive themselves of nutrition & a year later (or just a few months),  they end up back where they started. It simply breaks my heart!


My question for her was this: how many years have you been trying to lose weight w/ quick fixes/diets? Her response: 5-7 years!!!! (What if she had stuck with a plan for that long with support and accountability, plus a workout program & great nutrition?)

Here's what I've seen: every attempt that most of you try is short-lived: 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, maybe 3. What happens? You go on a crash diet for 2 months and then go back to the way you used to eat....The goal is to KEEP OFF THE WEIGHT!

It's basic math. No matter what you try, if you eat more than you need, anytime - you will gain weight!

Here's one of my pet peeves with the quick fixes that do not promote exercise (i.e. lap bands & gastric bypass surgeries) - you lose all that weight & then YOU'RE FLABBY! If you were to go on the diet you have to after the procedure, BEFORE, you would lose the weight! You could starve yourself & drop the 60-90 lbs. in 2 months. Think about liquids only for 4 weeks or so???? I'm being passionate again, but when I read stuff like the following, you should understand why.

ScienceDaily (May 26, 2007) — Katalin Juhasz Pocsine, M.D., associate professor in the UAMS Department of Neurology, is lead author of the study, which was published online May 22 in the medical journal Neurology. The study concludes that patients who undergo gastric bypass surgery, also known as bariatric surgery, are at risk for long-term vitamin and mineral deficiencies and may develop a variety of neurological symptoms.

(Which by the way, Shakeology is so dense w/ nutrition, if you've had the surgery, this can help you feel great. In fact, anyone who wants to feel great, long-term should try this! Go to: www.shakeology.com/JenniferMorin to see what doctors say, the green superfoods, and ingredients that are truly life-changing.)

So I asked my friend, "What if you had been sticking to a workout program and a nutrition plan that was easy to manage for the last 5-7 years?"

Do you see where I'm going with this? Until you accept the fact that you have to give up the unhealthy foods and you must exercise to have optimum health, you will struggle.

I don't want to see you go up and down with your weight. I don't want to see you struggle with keeping the size 5 jeans and size 13 pants in the closet, "just in case you go back". I hate watching the emotional battle within you.

I want to start a revolution of people making their minds up ONCE & FOR ALL that they are NOT going back to being overweight. I want people to make their minds up that they are going to exercise regularly for a toned and healthy body, healthy lungs & heart. I want people to decide that food will not be master over them!!!!

Are you ready to join my revolution & stop the obesity!
Stop the battle with weight!
Stop the up & down, yo-yo eating/living!
Let me help you!!!!!

FYI:  I am working out my schedule to offer 2 workouts/week in my home. I'm working on a Fit Club here in NW Bakersfield, CA for an evening too! So I'm going to make myself even more available to help you, support you, and encourage you!!!! Message me to get put on the list so that you can be the first to be emailed with the start dates & times!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment