Friday, August 5, 2011

Sticking TO-DO LISTS help us manage our time!

How many of you struggle with TIME-MANAGEMENT? Have you ever tried using a TO-DO LIST - consistently?

I make my to-do list every night. Last night as I sat down to write it out before bed (so that I can rest with peace), I created a 'template' that I am going to type up & print out. There are a few things that are daily to-dos for me, and then there are 4 areas in which there are items to complete daily.

I thought I'd share what I am implementing. I'll use Word to create a document with 2 columns on my worksheet for 2 days (to save paper, right). I'm practical & systematic. Here's an example of how mine will look:

TO-DO LIST for: ________________(day/date)

Morning Routine:
  1. Daily devotional/quiet time (5:15 a.m. @ the start of my day)
  2. Workout
  3. Personal Blog time
  4. Emails (personal)
Work: (Include 3 action items to reach goals)
  1.  Emails
  2. Add customers to FB list
  3. Set appt. with prospect(s)
  4. Follow up with advertising co.
Errands: (List errands that must get done today)
  1. Costco (completely out of food)
  2. Car Wash (Hurricane Cheerios hit the back seat!)
Chores: (List chores that must get done today)
  1. Declutter kitchen counter (company coming later)
  2. Clean bathrooms (see above)
Activity with kids:
  1. Weed out the pumpkin patch (it's looking overgrown)
  2. Read some books
  3. Wrestle & tickle
Evening  Routine:
  1. Start dinner (by 4:30 p.m.)
  2. Dinner w/ boys & hubby
  3. Clean up kitchen
  4. Unwind w/ family outside
  5. Bathtime
  6. Bedtime (8:45/9ish)
Not sure if your day can look like this. Each of my days does not always include chores AND errands, however, most times it does. Sometimes the #1 priority & the first thing we do in the a.m. is get out of house to the park. This is a template form that I'm going to print out & use w/ blanks under the work, errands, chores, and activities areas to fill in each day according to what is priority.

Arming ourselves with a to-do list, with blanks to fill in will help us be better managers of our homes, and that's the goal, right?

If we use budget sheets to direct our money, why don't we use TO-DO lists to direct our time?  Stick to the list, control your time on the internet & phone, and you will have better days of getting more done! When we use a TO-DO LIST & have better TIME-MANAGEMENT, then our day will flow with greater peace & patience.

(The above is what I typed up for the BakersfieldMom.com blog...but I couldn't wait for them to share...so since it's mine :) I thought I'd share it with my peeps TODAY. Also, I want to add that I have always used a to-do list, all throughout my life. Only after doing Chalene Johnson's www.30daypush.com did I realize that many have no idea about the power of to-do lists, making them consistently & sticking to them. They have the power to change your life!)

No comments:

Post a Comment