Thursday, August 4, 2011

Worth Reading....



Found this at the grocery store. Bought it WinCo Foods for $9.99. Saw it at Save Mart too. This is a 21 day journey type book that gives you scripture and words to encourage weight loss & self-discipline. It will challenge you and help you grow in this area. Speaks of rest, exercise, and self-control.

"We live in a world in which leisure is glorified
and consumption is commercialized." (pg. 105)


Now, many of you who know me, may remember that I am not a 'Book-Bible Study' person. My mantra was "All I need is the Word, just give me the Word"...and while that still rings true, I have embraced using this book by Elizabeth George. It's all about Life-Management. I'm using as my guide through the Bible for my morning devotional time. It's really using the Word to speak to my current focus and season in life.

Here's the topics of each chapter in the book:

  • Managing your Spiritual Life                             



  • Managing your Physical Life (Body)



  • Managing your Home Life



  • Managing your Financial Life



  • Managing your Social Life



  • Managing your Mental Life



  • Managing your Ministry Life



  • Managing your Time...and your Life



  • There is a reading book that goes along with this study guide. I didn't pay attention to that when I ordered this off Amazon.com. Nonetheless, I am getting a ton of good, heart-changing info out of the study guide. It totally directs you to a variety & multitude of verses that is leading me to make better decisions!

    Who could use some guidance in all these areas?
    Raise your hand. I do too!

    It's all about going to resources OUTSIDE of yourself to change the INSIDE of yourself! Hope you find these and read them to grow along with me! Have a great day!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment