Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What makes me happy....

Do you know what makes me happiest about? It's not what you think.

I have known and worked for successful people with a lot of money, and that has never impressed me. Their 'fancy stuff' has never excited me. I'm happy or glad for them, that they can have the things they want...but in my soul, I do not long for that.


As a result, I cannot get driven by money.
I cannot get driven to 'chase the dollar bill'.


I know that I need cash to live, I have bills, we have a plan to save for retirement, college funds, and emergencies. We have goals to give and give more to the needy, our church, and other ministries. But to have an abundance to spend on 'whatever I want'...that just isn't attractive to me. I sit and try to visualize myself on a fancy vacations...and try to get driven to 'have the numbers'...but that's stressful for me to do because it's not natural for me, it's not who I am.

Do you know what drives me? Do you know what truly makes me happy to core?
  • Seeing marriages prosper because the 'overweight spouses' have gotten disciplined and are taking care of themselves.
  • Seeing the overweight population (young & older) get off and stay off the blood pressure/cholesterol/diabetic medicines.
  • Seeing my mom give up smoking to save her lungs & give up sodas to save her kidneys - and ultimately prolong her life w/ better quality.
  • Seeing parents make their kids eat veggies & put the chips back on the shelf for their health's sake.
  • Seeing moms get their waistlines back after having kids.
  • Seeing husbands impressed with their wives' efforts at working out & cooking healthy meals.
  • Seeing people set free from the bondage of their food addiction.
  • Seeing people give up junk food & excess alcohol because it's just not good for them.
  • Seeing people reach their weight loss/fitness goals.
It's an outward focus on YOU. You doing what you say you're going to do, makes me happy. You giving up the bad & chasing the good, makes me happy. You letting me help you when you are finally ready, makes me help you.

Continuing on with my own workout program and eating plan TO INSPIRE YOU is what drives me. Seeing you succeed is what motivates me...I hope that I motivate you to succeed. Let's creat a CYCLE OF SUCCESS with our health....we'll all live longer, more fulfilling lives!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment