Sunday, September 11, 2011

Back from the WOF Conference & Wow!!! Change is good!

Amazed, challenged, encouraged, uncomfortable, refreshed, refocused....these are the things I've felt the last 48 hours at the Women of Faith Conference.

Here's what I got to do this weekend...
Next year's is Sept. 14th & 15th - Who wants to go?
Amazed that I'm not the only imperfect woman on the planet. Amazed that so many women love God and go to great lengths to get to this conference. Amazed at the variety of hardships, catastrophes, and trials that so many have gone through in life, deaths, accidents, illnesses, affairs, divorce, obesity. Amazed by God's continual faithfulness in other women's lives.
Challenged with my opinions...something to the affect of "Our opinions are a form of judgment". OUCH! - Right in the kisser. :) But a good thing. I need to be told that not everything that comes out of that hole is necessary! Yes, I will be working on a lot. Challenged with being a better friend by being a better listener, not always having the answers/offering solutions/advice...but just letting friends unload and be hugged and comforted. Challenged with my words, my "buts", my attitudes toward the things I disagree with, and challenged to be a more submissive, respectful, admiring, and a purposefully appreciative wife.

Encouraged that I am 'not invisible to God'. While I wear many hats in my home: Cap as Molly Mommy, Hard Hat as Wendy Worker, and a feather boa as Linda the Love Slave...I am seen by God when I am the chef, the chauffeur, the accountant, the psychologist. And when I go to great lengths to squeeze in time to take care of my body, those efforts to honor my spouse and health with care is seen and accounted for. Encouraged that while "a good day is a day of multiple tasks, we all have our bad days of multiple personalities". This encouraging message was so well illustrated through an awesome skit. Reminded through another one that moms are like the men of old that built cathedrals. They were unnamed with men, yet God knew each one. He saw all their hardwork, and sacrifice in building these ginormous building of exquisite architecture. They built with the satisfaction and confidence that the audience of ONE is who they lived for. Reminded that God sees all we do as mothers - all the things we give up for the kids and our spouses...He doesn't miss a thing and He is so blessed by your continuel dedication to do whatever needs to be done to take care of your family.

Uncomfortable in knowing that because I have heard these words - change needs to happen within. Being there with friends, who heard what I now know...will be my accountability to let the Word of God change my inner most being. Uncomfortable that while I have prided myself in being 'transparent'...I am not one to leave myself vulnerable. Uncomfortable to realize that by this, I keep many out in fear of disappointment. I need friendships. I need best friends. I need closeness with other women. Other women who will speak truth in my life, hug me on a bad day, help me, let me help her...I need people in my life. Not so comfortable and easy for me sometimes...trust issues, fear of disappointment, fear of abandonment. They all want to well up in my heart and they do...making it tough for some to break on in to the other side. So long I've worked at keeping people at arms length to avoid pain and hurt. Life has seemed easier this way, yet not as joyful or as fulfilling.

Refreshed with a new vision of my role as a wife and mom. Understanding that it continues to be the respect my husband receives that makes our world go round. Refreshed that I'm not the only one who hates folding laundry, but do it anyways because my family needs me to. Refreshed that all the energy I expend preparing meals is motivated by my love for my family's health, and it's an honor to care for them all. Refreshed to be to be able to go for a couple of days to have love and passion stirred up for my family...to devote more of my attention to them and less on this screen. Thank you Amy Grant for your words and song to remind us we need to give more attention to the people who depend on us and less on the nightly news.

Refocused on the few years I have left with my kids. Refocused that it's the bedtime stories and prayers that will leave lasting memories in my kids' minds. Refocused that life is short. As Brenda Warner shared her stories of tragedy after tragedy...it's not the circumstances that run our life but how we respond with honor, courage, and integrity when no one is looking. Refocused on who needs my attention, my eyes, my affection, my love above all...my husband and my kids. Refocused that the way to respond and make this renewed perspective a living reality is to continually be in a close, intimate connection with God. Refocused on the fact that He does have a plan and purpose for my life, and because I am here w/ breath in my chest, He's not done with me yet. So I must show up, and embrace where He leads me. As eternity is only one phone call away for anyone at anytime, I must make this life count daily. Finding Him first thing...then Him pointing the way.

As Mandisa sang "the shackles off my feet"..and the worship team singing, "If He is for me, than who can stand against me" - I was reminded of His enduring love and acceptance for me. Jesus Christ loves me just the way I am...and I will be more like Him when I let Him live through me to touch other people's lives.


His Love is OVER THE TOP for us!!!
 A refreshed perspective, filled with direction and confirmation is what I received this weekend. And just in the nick of time. My days had recently grown weary, and I needed a refill. Thank you Mary and Rachel for taking me along to the Women of Faith Conference. My goal is to attend each year. I need to go for myself...and for the sake of my family. Closing my eyes tonight with such a grateful heart for what God has done in my life...and all that He has in store. He is so very real. I hope you see His grace through my life somehow. May God bless you all as you go to church and visit with family. Be open to what God has to say to you, and to what He wants to do through you...your life greatly impacts so many others, so walk it out with Him by your side.

G'night -

No comments:

Post a Comment