Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Don't be afraid!

When you're working out...don't be afraid to push yourself!!!

There is a difference of pain leading to injury...and then there is discomfort leading to transformation.

There is a point in your workout where you have to just push harder, breath harder, and let yourself sweat. I think that we get to our 10 reps & we're done, but it is nearly effortless - stop it! You are not changing your body, your muscles or physique when you are easily doing 10 reps.

Let's use curls for an example. Last week during my arms workout, I was doing 15 reps of 10 lbs...this was not challenging. I got heavier weights (actually blessed w/ them)...and today, I was doing 10-12 reps of 15 lbs. That was hard.

The key is to 'reach the point of muscle fatigue'. If you're using weights, that place where you can't do any more without getting all squirly.

If you're doing cardio, go as long and hard as you need to, to get a good sweat. If you're walking on the treadmill and you're chatting comfortably on the phone or with the person next to you....nuh-uh! None of that. I want you to kick up the incline 1-5% & the speed a couple notches. I want you breathing hard & sweating.

When you're working out - work out! You've designated that time to change your body so do it!!!!

I'm in the midst of week 3 of my workout program. I'm keeping 4 lbs. off. (This is good, because I fluctuate soooo much (because of my eating)). And since I'm doing this, I might as well do my best, right?

Just to let you know, I've really cut bars of all kinds out. No protein bars, Fiber 1 bars, etc. for me. While these are great for some people to use instead of reaching for the chips, candy bars, and burgers...these bars have become like candy for me. Eating 1-2 a day, as a snack...after a meal is not what will lean me out. So I too have to make changes to change my physique.


This was me, February of 2010...just about 19 months ago. My waist was about 35 inches I believe.

I was 6 weeks postpartum & 159 lbs.
I did NOT want to take this picture either...but I did because I knew it would be a piece of the puzzle that tells people where I came from!!!

Yes, this pic was taken at 5:47 a.m.

Here I am at the end of August, 2011. I'm 131 lbs. in the pic, my waist 29.5.

This is post-Insanity. 67 days of crazy cardio conditioning. I did not execute every move, every workout, but I showed up daily (6 days a week) and put out the effort. It was hard work...and I'm here to prove to you that
HARD WORK PAYS OFF!!!
IT IS POSSIBLE!!!



Now, my personal goal is to really build muscle & see it!!!!  I've got to eat lean and enough protein, but watch the fat & carbs to lean out. My goals are my own personal ones. I'm not on a huge weight loss plan. But as I am pushing myself with my intense cardio, sweat dripping in my eyes, drops of sweat all over the floor, I know that I will get the results I want.

It's all about making a commitment and not being afraid to keep it! You're body will love you for your determination...and after time, you will have more motivation because you will see the pay off!!!

So don't be afraid to get crazy intense with your workouts. Change comes when you push yourself!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment