Friday, October 7, 2011

Daniel - my son!

So this morning I looked at Daniel, and asked, "What should I blog about today?"
His response: ME! So here's my blog about Daniel.

Daniel is my first son. He is 4 1/2 years old now. He is one of the smartest boys I know. As well as one of the most...um...what's a nice, positive alternative word for stubborn? I'll go with leader. On a playground w/ the 7, 8 year olds, he says, 'Come on guys, this way!' While it's not such a great thing in the day-to-day haps around the house when I need more cooperation, I am sure I will appreciate it when he is a teen who takes the lead instead of follows, right?

So in honor of Daniel's suggestion - Here's a little Q & A I did with Daniel for this post this morning:


His most favorite thing to drink: milk. And it has to be warm. (Oh how we condition our kids in the beginning, huh?) He says, he likes water too!

His most favorite foods: waffles, apples, broccoli, cauliflower, spaghetti, and bean burritos.

His favorite things to do: play on the swing set, pretend hunt, color & draw, and ride his bike.

I asked him - what do you love? (his response, exactly in his words in this order, verbatim): "God, you (meaning me, mom), my daddy, my Jakey (his brother), myself, my hunting gun, and the Lord God - the Lord is God!"

I should also tell you that he loves school! I mean, LOVES IT! As soon as I drop him off, he runs to the rug and sits right smack-dab in front of his teacher, as it's storytime when I drop him off.


He also loves his friends! (...as he names them off: Brian, Tommi, Jovi, Ethan & Ashy...)

And he loves his cousins (Ethan, Andrew, and Wyatt (sissy & MJ))!

Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: "I'm not going to be anything, I'm staying with you guys."

Q: What do you want to do today, Daniel?
A: "Play with my toys".

I am so blessed by him daily. Even in the trying times...minutes following. I look at him with love and sympathy, thanking God for him. For I am grateful that he that he has eyes to see, ears to hear, and yes, even a mouth to talk, and words to express himself. I realize as I meet many moms who have special-needs children, how the things that can seem so unnerving for me would be such a blessing for them. So I try live each day w/ much appreciation for Daniel!


My son - he is 4!
A typical, crazy 4 year old boy - and I love him like crazy. Really!
I tell him all the time,
that's he's my MOST favorite Daniel in the whole world!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment