Monday, December 19, 2011

I want a bonafide, New Testament style, touch of Jesus, the illness is gone, holy-roller miracle healing for my son's asthma!!!!


Nice choco mustache son!
 Many of you are aware of the extent of Daniel's asthma. We really have had a better year. Finally got on the 'right' combo of meds:
  • 1 tsp. of Allegra, morning & night
  • 1 tab. of Singulair before bed
  • 1 puff 2X/day of Advair 115/21
However, from time to time, when his asthma cough wants to flare, we bump up to 2 puffs 2X day.

Sadly enough, the poor boy has not grown for a few months, and it's believed to be the Advair use that is doing it. And with his most recent flare-up, he's been on 2 puffs 2X/day for a month. This is what helps control him...

We live in a home w/ air purifiers, no carpet any where, non-upholstered furniture, bed incapsulated in allergy cover, pillow too. I wash his sheets weekly on hot. He does not have any kind of stuffed animals. We do not have furry animals. I have done just about all I can for his environment w/in the home. And really, if we stay here...he does fine.

It's when we go to some event/party/church service & anyone w/ any kind of big or small cold - if Daniel gets it, he flares up. People don't understand the extent of how miserable a little cold is for our home. I have actually missed birthday parties because someone had a cold. Needless to say, I was very reluctant to put him in pre-k this year...and seriously, I am contemplating pulling him out...he's missed so much recently...is it worth it???? (that's a whole other blog...)

I have avoided relatives homes w/ dogs for the last year nearly...which is why I think he's had such a great year of not needing the prednisolone, like last year. But it's miserable to always decline invitations to my dad's because of the hairy chihuahua.

Today was a follow-up that they called me for since his allergy doc had to ok some refills in the last month. And she's referring me back to an L.A. Kaiser pediatric pulmonologist. This is the route we took 1 year ago and all the guy did was test Daniel for Cystic Fibrosis - which was really scary, but turned out negative - thank God. And so I'm not sure what this guy can say now. He didn't seem too helpful then...

I scratch my head because both of them said that moving out of Bakersfield would NOT help...maybe they haven't seen this info: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/03/us-air-pollution-worst-cities-deadly_n_853548.html#s268983&title=1_BakersfieldDelano_CA

Really, the worst air in the nation. Hmmmm. My friend moved far, far away for you baby girl to breathe and so far it's worked. Can they for one second consider that it's the air that keeps the asthma on standby for a flare when anything else comes & tips the scale on the cough????

The saddest thing happen this last flare w/ Daniel...he came to me crying since he couldn't stop coughing to take a nap (poor thing had been coughing most of the nights)...and he said "Momma, I don't want this asthman" - (He puts an N at the end of asthma.)  That literally broke my heart that he, himself says he doesn't want it anymore.

Everyone tells me he will grow out of it. Will he? He's not even growing anymore...will this ugly beast just go away???? And when?

I just mentioned to a friend the other day that I'm always focused on having a current testimony of God's divine intervention/interaction in my life & I said, nonchalantly...I think the next testimony needs to be one of Daniel's asthma being divinely healed. I don't want any of this 'we found the miracle med' healing (not that there's anything wrong w/ those for some people)...but I'm talking...

I want a bonafide, New Testament style,
touch of Jesus, the illness is gone,
holy-roller miracle healing!!!!

So, I will seek the Lord for this...and I believe the time has come to claim, knock, ask until I receive. I am tired of paying out of the nose for medicines that don't control it. I'm tired of telling everyone I know who has dogs, which is nearly everyone...I can't come over. I'm tired of this asthma controlling our life, leaving us sleep deprived, overly anxious over the behaviorial issues when we have to use the prednisolone...It needs to be gone now - in the name of Jesus!

Will you partner w/ me and claim it for Daniel too? Let me know if you will. Thanks so much!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer,

    Thanks very much for sharing a link to your blog on our wall and your story. We're actually working on an article on this topic -- whether and how certain asthma medications can affect growth rates and cause problems in that regard. Please drop us a line sometime at editor@aanma.org. Hang in there, you'll find the solution!

    Merry Christmas and happy new year!

    Aaron Marsh
    Allergy & Asthma Network Mothers of Asthmatics

    ReplyDelete