Friday, December 16, 2011

Laying down my dreams & taking a hold of my calling...

So the time has come for me cross over from my post & blog focus on losing weight, fitness to more about the true #1 priority in my life...the Lord. It's really no secret for those who have known me for the last 10 years to know who my #1 man really is! : )

My time & my words were so intertwined with church so long ago, I didn't know where my church ended & I began. (A little scary looking back now). My schedule was wrapped around this priority...but nearly 5 years ago when I had Daniel, my schedule got off beat. Then, once I had it zeroed in again, I had Jacob. A newborn, plus the worst year of Daniel's asthma = sleep deprivation...and my time w/ the Lord was very inconsistent.

Then one day, the end of February of 2011, I got told about Shakeology and this awesome business opportunity with Beachbody. I jumped on it since I had lost all my weight w/ Turbo Jam, one of their hit workout programs. Plus, Dave and I wanted to save about $25/month (each) on our Shakeology. (A wonderful supplement/nutritious meal replacement that works pretty miraculous in your body...visit www.shakeology.com/JenniferMorin for all the ingredients and to watch a video on what docs have to say. Best shake on the market, hands-down!)

I actually left to the rr to see if I
could run into Tony Horton after he
spoke to us...but met Shaun T.
Anyways....me being the overachiever I am set out on a mission to be a Diamond coach within this organization. I went to a Summit training event, met Shaun T. Creator of Insanity & Asylum...and Tony Horton, creator of P90X and P90X2, which I start on Sunday.  :)

 I was motivated. I caught vision of how to build my business. I had the passion to help people lose weight and avoid preventable diseases and death by obesity. I was on my way....


Me, Tony Horton, &
My friend Felicia - BB coach too!

I immediately started a 90 day to diamond group. And the group that shared the priority of becoming diamond coaches met with me. It was my accountability group to achieve my goal. But then...something in my Spirit started to happen...

My heart strings were getting convicted over the time that I was now "finding" (really making) to work my business. I had began to break $500/mo. in just a couple of months of hardwork. I was stoked. I was seeing visions of my new car in the horizon.

But, there was this 'voice' speaking truth that I needed to make time for the Lord first...then pursue my dreams. In fact, I sat in church one Sunday as the pastor was teaching and told God, "I want to work in the church again someday..."

And then the thought hit me...'Why am I burning my candle at both ends for material things?' 'How did I go from not having 30 min./day for a devotional to having 2-3 hrs. to work?'

And then I said, "Some things have got to change around here!"

I got a devotional that was appropriate: Life-Management for Busy Women...because that's what I was...I was busy, busy. And then I got to the chapter that made me examine true priorities above all else: #1, my relationship w/ God. #2, my relationship w/ my husband. And #3, my time/energy/care for my kids.

Yes, that was a blow to the gut. I had been missing the mark by far in all 3. And because my innermost desire is to always please God...I had to lay my BB business on the altar. And I did....

Note: I am still a Beachbody coach...

(to be continued....)

No comments:

Post a Comment