Saturday, December 10, 2011

Some of us don't have the discipline...

 ....And some of us do!

Do you spend enough time with the Lord to get filled up for your day? You want patience with your spouse, your kids, your coworkers, employers/employees, extended family, parents, etc...

Are you spending any amount of time with the Lord to receive that patience?

You want joy about life, your day, your circumstances? Do you walk with joy for the simple fact that you are will be in heaven with your Creator at this end of this life (if you have Jesus as your Lord and Savior)?

Are you spending enough time with the Lord & in the Word to catch the vision on where your joy comes from?

You want to 'do something amazing for God'?
Are you spending enough time to get that abundant overflow to receive the 'download' from the Lord?

I need to post the transition story to illustrate my dry seasons a bit better, but to get to the point for today's post, let's just say: I fell of my horse a couple of times....but I'm back in the saddle.


Here's my spot for time with the Lord: Bible, notebooks for
prayers, & the 'downloads' my  thesis, and future
ministry work, Leadership textbook,
and yes...my morning joe!

Committing to getting Master's, maybe Doctorate at Summit Bible College has definitely forced my time-management to shape up indeed. I now get up very early to seek God, read the Word, pray, and read my other books for class.

And now that I am being disciplined in this area – boy – the downloads are amazing. So grateful that I am finally taking time for God receive His plan for my life. And I'm not scared. I just take the notes....take a deep breath, and say, "Well God if that's You, You're going to have to bring it to pass". I don't feel my flesh pushing me to go out and do it today...unless there is instruction to do so.

It's as though little by little, He is showing me step 1, step 2, step 3...and so on. I feel that I am to record it all now, write it all down, and meditate on Him and the HOW will come when it is time. He gives me insight on who to bounce stuff off of, seek wisdom and direction...and He has given me insight to NOT ANNOUNCE IT TO THE WORLD! Which I am so gifted to do! :)

Do you have the discipline to spend time w/ the Lord &
get full of the Spirit to have the fruits?
Do you have the discipline to make time
to get the downloads on your life's purpose?

I am here today to encourage you to dump stuff off your schedule that is not moving you forward & devote it to the One who holds the future!

Reexamine your life, your commitments, your time, your energy & do everything you possibly can to make time for God. He has a real job & assignment for YOU to do for His Kingdom.

Won't you make yourself available to Him to hear it,
receive it, and get equipped for it to carry it out?

Do it – you won't regret it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment