Sunday, December 4, 2011

Put the Burger down & no body gets hurt!

When helping people get a game plan ready to 'lose weight', I start with asking them what they currently eat. Many, many, many people live on fast food, restuarant food, and sodas (diet or regular). They often do not tell their appetites 'NO'. And how can they when they haven't planned ahead, cooked a healthy dinner w/ plenty left over for lunch the next day?

Now, when hunger strikes because you've skipped breakfast or lunch time has come, what are you reaching for? I had a friend gain 2-3 lbs. in one week because she was 'busy'...'in a hurry'...and was succumbing to the fast food trap.

And it's easy to do when you get these 2 for $5, 2 for $3 coupons in the mail. Just this last week, I got the Carl's Jr. coupon promos in the mail. I looked at the "New Steakhouse Burger" and thought to myself, all that cheese (2 kinds), fried onion & thick red meat patty can't be good for you. So I did some homework for you. I looked at these 'deals' to see what the calorie & fat gram content is...and holy cow - YOU'RE HEART ATTACK WON'T COST MUCH! Can we say cardiovascular disease?

Here's some of the killer deals they are offering with their killer menu items:
  1. 2 Steakhouse burgers for $5: 1 burger = 870 cals. & 54 gms of fat. So 2 burgers = 1740 calories. This is before you have a fry, which a lg. fry is 470 cals. Meal of 2 burgers + fry: 2210 calories!!!!
  2. 2 Famous Stars for $3: 1 burger = 680 cals. & 39 gms fat. 2 burgers = 1360 cals. Add lg. fry to the 2 burgers and you've got an artery clogging meal of 1830 calories!
  3. 870 calorie burger!
  4. Free med. beverage w/ Chili Cheese Fries:  820 cals. & 46 gms. of fat!
And people wonder why they can't lose weight...this is why! These are the foods they are eating (or something like it from some other burger joint!)

I'll just tell you that I don't even eat 1800 calories in 1 day, let alone 1 meal. Too many calories being consumed and not enough expended!!!! Two of my meals don't even add up to 870 calories!!!1

Folks, give these foods up & you can lose that nasty weight that you are so sick of. You don't have to go on a deprivation - 1200 calorie diet...you just need to stop eating these high fatty, high calorie meals - D A I L Y!!!!

Those are some of their current promo meals...let's consider some alternatives:
    
    390 calorie BBQ chicken sandwich
    
  1. BBQ Chicken Sandwich: 1 sandwich = 390 calories & 7 gms fat. This is what I order. It doesn't have any mayo to worry about, I skip on the 'meal' and just get the sandwich w/ an ice tea. And if I'm really watching my calories, I use the lettuce on the top and only eat the bottom bun.
  2. Grilled Chicken Salad: 270 calories & 9 grms of fat. On these, if they come w/ cheese, I pick that off and only use the low-fat, nonfat drsg.
  3. Apple Walnut Chicken Salad: 320 calories & 11 gms. of fat.
My point is: THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES TO THE BAD!

We eat on the run when we've been out running errands and can't get home in time to eat. However, if I'm about 5 minutes from home...we go home. The time it takes me to get there & throw something together is about the same time it would take to stay in line at the drive thru & wait for the food to cool to eat.

My kids eat what I serve them at home without a fight, the less they eat out. I know we've had Del Taco too often if they are being picky at the dinner table, so I scale back to trying not to eat out at all. Can you imagine?

Imagine making breakfast, lunch, and dinner
at home 7 days a week.
I nearly do. I know that the food I make at home is healthier and more cost effective than eating out.

Yes, there are Sundays after church that we just want to go out to eat something and so we go to a Chuy's or Coconut Joe's where we can get some tasty grilled chicken meals. We do not succumb to the deals out there with the giant burger, giant fry, and giant pie meals...simply because our goals are to lose weight and stay healthy.

If  you want to lose weight,
my challenge for you is to:
STOP EATING BREAKFAST,
LUNCH, and/or DINNER out!!!!

Just stop and save on the calories and save the money! Sit down and figure out how much you are spending eating convenient food throughout the week. Take half of it and send down to the rescue mission and save the other half for a great family vacation.

There are tons of benefits to eating at home.
Your waistline & family will love you for it!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

For help w/ choices, email me at:

No comments:

Post a Comment