Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Here's something refreshing...

My apologies for a couple of post this last week. I got on my soap box a bit. I get a little passionate about somethings...things that hold people back - I get a little excited and just want to squash 'em.

On another note, I randomly decided to read the Book of Ephesians this morning...I was eating it up like I was at a gourmet smorgasbord! Good stuff.

When I came to the verses 1:16-20 - I thought "WOW! That is refreshing!!' We all need to hear something like this more often so I thought to serve you up a morsel of what I ate this morning:

...(I) do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers; that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places...

I bolded that middle part because I was got excited when I read that. Paul wrote the Book of Ephesians to strengthen the believers who were in Ephesus. I also love the unity that Paul speaks of.

What if we were to go to others and pray for them that "God would give them the spirit of wisdom & of revelation" more? What if we were to pray more for others? The more we bear eachother's burdens, and the more we pray TOGETHER...the closer we will grow and achieve more unity.

That bold part of the above verse is my prayer for you. I pray that you will know the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance. What if we walked with more confidence because we were convinced of 'the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe'? Amazing stuff would happen in our lives, right?

It's when we catch the vision of His calling, His glory, His power, and receive wisdom & revelation that we will be more passionate for Christ. I think that's what I want to be known for most - my love, passion, fire for Christ.

I don't want people to remember degrees, financial successes, that I finished P90X ;) ...I want people at my funeral to all say the same thing:
Jennifer was on fire for Christ!

That's my goal: to be more passionate & on fire for Christ! How 'bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment