Friday, March 2, 2012

Prayer Seasons - Prayer Life

Many who know me, know that I'm a person of prayer and I've conclude that life follows the highs and lows of my prayer life.

Do we all have seasons that we make the time and find the energy to seek the Lord like no other? And then we have the seasons, (like when the kids are up all night coughing their heads off and there's no rest), that we hit the snooze button too many times and cut our prayer time short...or out?

Do you have a prayer - devotion time planned daily for yourself?

I pray over a lot of things. I once had a stalker-friend who tried to control me with her prayers. NOTE: You cannot control people with prayer.

While I say this, I find myself experience deep disappointment when a certain things and people are not lining up with my prayers. What's up with that?

I believe that it is God's will that we be self-controlled, Spirit-filled people who are submitted to God's plan for our lives. So when I pray along those lines, shouldn't what I'm praying happen? Hmmmm.

I have learned the value in continually asking. It's commonly said that 'prayer will line our hearts up with God's plan'.

I've also concluded that in the process of interceding for someone, God not only grows my faith and trust in Him with the final outcome, but by devoting time to pray for someone, God reveals the deeper issues that need prayer.

We have to get to the root of the issue to get rid of the external symptoms.

This is going to take some major prayer for bondages to be broken, addiction to be healed, oppression to leave. This is going to require me to give up my expectations, and pray as the Spirit leads.

Think about diets! People use diets to 'lose weight'...once the weight is gone, they go back to eating the junk...only to lead them back to a diet. Diets are temporary, that's why they call healthy eating a 'lifestyle change'.

We need to look at prayer like this. Don't pray a few times for the temporary fix, but be committed to having a lifestyle change with our time. We need to commit to being a devoted follower of Christ by praying, communing with God, interceding for our families, our loved ones, and depositing the Word of God in our hearts for direction and encouragement.

It's when we go from praying seasonally (when the trials strike), to living a life of prayer that we will see major changes and breakthroughs in our lives and those we pray for.

So what are you waiting for? Make the changes to your schedule now & start praying! Your life, your family, your future will make it to the path that God truly intends for you when you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment