Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The resonating message within....

There seems to be a resonating message within...

One that points that what I say are priorities somehow quickly sink to the bottom of the list.

When will the day come that I can tell people 'no, I'm sorry, I'm unavailable', for the sake of these priorities?

Why do we make those we love most do without us, the most?

When did I steer off the right path of motherhood? Not that I was a pro to begin with, but even one who practices good time-management for the most part.

I'd love to say it may have been the day I opened up a Facebook account. Silly but true. All those few minutes here and there, the time it can rob from the real life we live, from those we love.

What's a few minutes, right?
Think of how you need 5 minutes to put on shoes and find lost socks.
Think of how rushed you are to brush two sets of teeth, just longing for 5 minutes.
How often do you show up 5 minutes late to an appointment?

What's a few minutes a few times a day?
Think of how many books could be read in that 25 minutes.
A walk around a few blocks with sun going down, the moon coming up.
A bedtime routine not rushed.
Dinner on time.

Imagine those who worry about FB in the car. Danger to society they are.

Imagine those who sit at it for an hour or two a day and claim they have no time to work out, read edifying information, or spend quality time for their kids.

There's a myriad of external things fighting for our attention, time, and affection and our families are paying the high price and losing the battle.

Coming on too strong? Maybe I am. But I love being honest and real. So here's a question for you to consider:
Can you live without Facebook for a day,
a week, a month?

Why do we escape to a group of people who hardly know us? Let alone love us.

We've got to be honest with ourselves and take responsibility around our homes, with our kids, and our husbands/wives and get off the computers! We've got to sign off Facebook, Twitter and clock back into LIFE!

Stop losing sleep and stop postponing time with those you say you love the most for that one message, that one post. We've got to stop the crazy cycle of our days by stopping the time-waster from robbing us of time.

So if the day comes that I'm no longer there...then now, I guess you'll know why and I hope you understand.

IRONY is blogging about FB being a time-waster and then turning around to share your post on FB. Yes, I am guilty...and I'll be the first to say. Thus why this is a resonating message within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment