Thursday, August 23, 2012

Stay HOME & be a MISSIONARY!

I love missionaries and their hearts. They travel, most times, to a far off place to bring things to meet the impoverished people's needs.

They look to meet their physical needs: food, shelter, clothes. Spiritual needs: Bibles, the Gospel, prayer and healing. And they look to do whatever else the people need.
 
What if you could help a NIGERIAN today......
 without going anywhere?
 
You can stay HOME and be a MISSIONARY!

Let me introduce you to my classmate "Favour" - She is a single mom to a 4, almost five year old daughter. She has been staying at the Bethany Shelter here in Bakersfield for quite sometime.

She's been working on getting her green card to work, but the immigration red tape is an obstacle. She really wants to work to take care of her child. Really...she wants a job!

Somehow, some way, she has qualified for Section 8 housing and receives only $300/mo. to support herself. Who knows when the last time was that she got a new pair of shoes?
 
With that said, Favour....needs a favor.

She told me yesterday in class (oh yes, by the way, she is getting her degree at Summit Bible College so that when she is completely equipped, she wants to go back to Nigeria to evangelize!)....but she told me yesterday that she found a house that is affordable, but for Section 8 to approve it, to pay for it....

SHE NEEDS A REFRIGERATOR AND STOVE/OVEN!

And then...when she does get these 2 things to get it approved to move in...she will need beds, some furniture, dishes....you know the bare necessities to live and eat in her home.

This is where WE come in. So many would love the opportunity to go on a mission trip and travel to Nigeria to build a home for a single mom and child. I am reminded of what Compassion International does overseas.

But, we have a full-blooded Nigerian woman in need in our own city. So if you would like to do the work of a missionary without leaving your family for a few weeks and take time off from work, HERE IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY!

Find me on Facebook and message me. Or email me at flexyourselfjen@yahoo.com.

Before class yesterday, I dug through my toiletries cupboard to take her a bag of personal hygiene items and a bag of fun things for her daughter, Divine. If you have lotions, soaps...that kind of stuff that she could use now as this process of moving takes place, please let me know. Or if you can give some WalMart gift cards, where she is able to buy some food, personal items, and clothes, that would be great.
 
If you are able to help provide a stove/oven and/or a refrigerator....
Please let me know a.s.a.p.

We are the body of Christ, made to reach out and help those in need. Favour and Divine have immediate needs, please consider doing something! Please get a hold of me today! My last class with her is next Wednesday.....I'd love to be the messenger of your love!

No comments:

Post a Comment