Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Repentant Prayer

God, this is a thorn in my flesh,
Why must I be so opinionated?

Take this away, that is my request,
For it leaves me feeling so mad and alienated.

Yes, I am the first to say it is wrong,
Change me, I wish I were not this way.

Please give me new words and a new song,
Please sanctify my mouth and what I say.

You know that I love you so much my Lord,
Yet I am still a sinner in need of Your grace.

Help me remove this plank go to move forward,
Let Your radiance shine upon my face.

I claim victory over this thorn,
Your redemption over my mind and heart.

This too I am saved from, yes reborn,
When I let this go, I will be further set apart.

I release my justice and all my anguish,
My opinions and angry frustrations.

My anxiety and fears, I relinquish,
Take my judgements and all these evaluations.

Prune it all away and cleanse my mouth and hands,
I no longer want this distracting and wrenching sin.

Deepen my convictions, help me understand,
That to be like You, is the goal in the end.

Refresh my mind, strengthen my trust,
Help me drink this refining cup.

Lord, I know obedience is better than sacrifice,
I lay it down to remain in Your Presence for this life.

Forgive me now, please renew my love,
You are showing me how, boldly from above.

Thank you Jesus for Your help and forgiveness,
I pray that I will reflect Your mercy and kindness.

- By Jennifer Morin, September 19, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment