Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Land of "TOO MUCH"

Have you heard of this place? This is where I live.

All my life, I have been told that I was 'too much'. As a young child, I would have A's in every subject, but 'behavior' was a whole other grade. It ranged from Bs to Ds...for "talking too much".

What's new? I still bear the reputation of 'talking too much'. It's probably because I have 'too much' energy, driven by 'too much' passion. And when it comes to my faith, I have 'too much' zeal. Is it possible to love Jesus 'too much'?

I have a bad habit of worrying 'too much', probably because I care 'too much'. Which leads me to praying 'too much'. But can you really pray 'too much'?

 
I love my kids and husband way 'too much'...and judging by my misunderstandings and conflicts with relatives (in-laws as well), I'm probably guilty for loving them 'too much' too.
Maybe, just maybe I love 'too much'.
But can you truly love 'too much'?

I do know that I have 'too much' of a sense of justice. Things people do that put themselves or others at risk of injury, whether it's physical, emotional, or spiritual - I care 'too much' to just sit and let it go on. I want to speak up and intervene way 'too much'.

I will admit that I may have 'too much' pride, especially when I'm confronted about my 'too much' factor. I overreact, a bit 'too much' when I am told that I am, in fact, 'too much'. But you would too, if your unique personality was under attack too often, 'too much'.
 
I wonder if I am motivated to love and care 'too much'
because there are too many out there NOT caring and loving ENOUGH!

I was once told at my old church that I worked 'too much' and I served 'too much'. I was THERE 'too much'. Probably because I wanted to help the cause of Christ 'too much' because I was burdened 'too much' for the people who didn't know the Lord ENOUGH!

I wanted to be the hands and feet of Jesus...because too many don't do ENOUGH.

As far back as I can remember, I was 'too much'...but at the ripe, old age of 35, I've finally stopped worrying 'too much' about being 'too much'.

Here's the facts:
  • I am too much.
  • I talk too much.
  • I talk about Jesus too much.
  • I tell about the Bible too much.
  • I share my mind too much.
  • I think too much.
  • I write too much.
  • I fear too much.
  • I worry too much.
  • I do too much.
  • I encourage too much.
  • I problem-solve too much.
  • I just plain try too much.
  • And yes - I love too much.

Hmmmmm. Maybe I've had to have 'too much' since the world has been set out on a mission to take what I have. Perhaps, God has an important plan for my 'too much'. Perhaps, I have to have way more than enough since each person who comes to complain, confront, and condemn my 'too much' succeeds at extracting just a little bit of my 'too much'. Do they want me to be like them and not have ENOUGH?

Here's a hypothesis:

 In order for me
to carry out what I am called to do,
my 'too much' guarantees that
I will have ENOUGH to see it through!

*********************************************************************

As I reflect on the 'real' me of 'too much'...a special thanks goes out to my close friends and family who love me and accept my 'too much'. I am grateful beyond what my words can express for your continued support and friendship and love. You have no idea how hard it is for me to find people who will stick with me despite MYSELF.

And a very special thanks to my husband who was actually attracted to my 'too much' factor and loves me for it. You have major rewards in heaven my love for being such a risk-taker and choosing me as your own. I love you David, thank you for loving me so well.

OH..and P.S. - Watch out world because I have offspring! My thing 1 & thing 2, Daniel and Jacob...You have been warned that there are potential successors to carry on the torch of 'too much'!

No comments:

Post a Comment