Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Where am I headed w/ all this info????

You realize this blog is just one more of my outlets right? In addition to my FB posts...and YouTube Videos....I love to share current events though this blog. I really do love to write.

I also love to help people. And since graduating last summer from Summit, I have been working on becoming a non-profit organization for those who 'don't want the church, but want God'. It's my outreach ministry to the people who have been hurt by the church...an attempt to be the hands of God reaching out to the broken and abused, and bring renewed hope in God and His people. That's kind of it in a nutshell. As with many things, I'm sure the population this ministry reaches out to will diversify and change....but for now, that's who my heart is burdened for.

What will result in this is me meeting some people who stormed out of a church mad. And it will bring those who were so hurt and rejected that they honestly need one-on-one counseling. And so I am preparing for that.

I have began my prayer campaign to get some confirmation to start counseling people in January 2014. I will start out with offering 3-4 time slots, 1 day a week. And depending on the response, hopefully offer 4 time slots, 2 days a week by summer. And maybe, just maybe by Fall 2014, offer myself up for 3-4 times slots, 3 days a week if there is a need.

Slow and steady (and strategically) wins the race!

I die inside for people who are trapped in bondage. Bondage to me is anything...relationship, behavior, thought pattern that keeps you from doing the will of God, what God is calling you to.

Sometimes this is an addiction, an OCD, a codependent or abusive relationship, pride, or idolatry. Sometimes it's just ignorance....since many 'friends' don't seem to speak up and tell you that you have some unhealthy, self-defeating things going on in your life!

So, what will it look like? Not 100% sure. But I will be available to those who want change.

Due to my personality and convictions, I won't do well partnered up to a client who loves their bondage. I will more than likely probe to see on a scale of 1 to 10, how motivated a person is to change. I am highly motivated. I understand everyone is not like me. But I don't want people to pay me to be their friend - I want to earn my wage by setting captives free through different steps and strategies that lead people out of bondage and into freedom with Christ.

I love the Lord and He has done so much work in my life. I want to share the methods that have seem to work for me, as well as many others that I have learned about. Sometimes people do need someone to listen to them...and their problems...and I will do that. I also will offer objective perspective and honesty so that you can move from discouraged and defeated to faith-filled and believing!

What will it be called??? Well, since I've tackled a lot of topics that are helpful to life on THIS BLOG...it should probably include 'FLEX YOURSELF'. And since sometimes people need some coaching and help through rough patches in life or decisions...'COACHING' may be in the name somewhere...and since I did get a degree in Christian Counseling...and some need counseling....'COUNSELING' ought to be in the name too, right?

How do you like the name:
Flex Yourself Coaching & Counseling?????
 
Do you think this is a worthy venture to follow?
Who would entrust me as their coach or counselor?
Just curious...

No comments:

Post a Comment