Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Boys...

My focus is shifting,
My time is running out,
Soon they will be grown,
I've got to make it count.

So many hours lost to "just a minute",
Have quickly been slipping through my hands.
I can't get them back, and I just can't forget it,
I don't want to lose these last moments that I have.

They are why I am here,
Not to the save the world, yours and mine,
But to provide them with warm hugs, love & care,
They're only mine for this short length of time.

Finding that it's my 'distractions',
That run my patience thin,
It's not their interruptions,
They just need my time & attention.

So I make the needed adjustments,
Making them my priorities,
Yes it will take better time management,
After time w/ the Lord & Daddy.

I only get one shot at this,
So I better make it count,
Soon they'll be grown & I will miss,
All the days I could've made it count.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is great, I woke up today feeling the same way. We must hear what the Lord is saying! Life is short lets make it count.

    ReplyDelete