Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Do you REALLY push yourself?

Do you really push yourself? Yesterday's list of reminders may force someone to push themselves against the grain with their daily time-management alone.

(View this quick check off list here: http://flexandgetfit.blogspot.com/2011/06/reminders-for-week.html)

But are you one to challenge yourself to go beyond what you are comfortable with? Do you force yourself to stick to standards and limits? Or do you just do what you want, what feels good? Do you indulge yourself in anything and everything you want? Are you responsible?

Somewhere along the way, self-indulgence has been glamorized. What a shame, perhaps this mentality is why 65% of America is overweight and obese. Perhaps this is why there were more than 200,000 foreclosures in April of this year alone (this seems to be the monthly average). People were unwilling to stay within guidelines of their finances and overextended themselves.

I'm not here to point the finger, but to sober the general population to the idea that people are just not pushing themselves hard enough in areas that are affecting their personal lives...and has had a negative effect on our economy as well.

You ask, "how does me being overweight affect the U.S. economy?" Google it. Think about all the people who are receiving public medical aid for conditions that are TOTALLY preventable through diet and exercise? Diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol. Now, we have 33% of American children who are overweight or obese. Childhood obesity is on the rise, only to be followed by a rise in childhood cases of diabetes. AND IT'S ALL PREVENTABLE!!! (Stay with me...)

Here's the solution, it's kinda a no-brainer - PUSH YOURSELF TO BE YOUR BEST! Period. Make yourself get up every morning and exercise. I don't care if it's a dvd program, a trip to the gym, a 30 min. walk around your neighborhood, a bike ride on the bike trail or jog....JUST GET MOVING! It will also take you pushing yourself to have SELF-CONTROL and tell yourself 'no' when it comes to things that are not healthy.

I am passionate about this stuff because I believe that we have gotten lazy about the things that impact our homes. Overeating, overspending, overcommitting, over - you name it! I want you to want more for yourself & I want to see you push yourself to get there, to achieve it!

I laid awake at 1 in the morning thinking about this...and I have to get it off my chest today. I hope you hear my heart: I want MORE FOR YOU! Let me know if I can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment