Friday, June 10, 2011

Found the cure for bad attitude & grumpiness

At the start of Thursday, I was adamant that I would exercise & burn some calories first thing, since I missed my workout the previous day. And when I missed it on Wednesday...wow, I was grumpy. It challenged me to ask myself 'is working out an idol in my life?' And it just dawned on me, I did miss my shake too - that may have been the straw that broke the camel's back Wednesday. Hmmmmmmm, that makes sense to me.

Anyways, I had to ask myself, 'what are MY priorities?' My priorities are not the same as most/other people, and I have different demands on my time too. And although working out and staying in shape is NOT an idol in my life, it is a top priority. But, I broke the negative talk about the missed workout and set my mind straight that 1 missed workout would NOT turn into 2 missed workouts...and it didn't.

I did my HIIT 20 and Ab Jam on Thursday morning and felt great. So great that I managed to get the house cleaned, laundry washed and dried, the oil changed in the car, kids out to lunch, slip & slide in the backyard before dinner...and everyone washed & cleaned and in bed by 9 p.m.

This may be why working out  is so important to me & for me. It's my opportunity to get the blood flowing, adrenaline pumping so that my mind can be focused on the tasks at hand throughout the rest of the day. Start the day with some killer-cardio and bam - energy to accomplish my day!

Sweat running down my neck,
hair drenched after some calorie-
burning Turbo!!!
When I finish a great workout, sweat is dripping off my nose into the floor as I stretch, I feel like I can accomplish anything. And I typically do that day.

I think this is something many of you need to experience. Some of you look at working out as a chore, something you HAVE to do. You dread it...you talk yourself out of it...But I'm at the point in my journey that working out is something I GET to do. It's a treat to myself that I benefit from in so many ways.

Here's a few benefits I can think of: I look better in the mirror - that's an obvious bonus, right? Which in turn makes me feel better about myself. I've become more positive and confident, which is a blessing to my husband. Any stress I had is now minimized, a better frame of mind for the sake of my kids.

Working out is a blessing. People would pay money for a pill that could do all that for them...but you gotta work out to experience it all first hand. It's an amazing rush to complete a workout that made you push so hard, you're out of breath, heart racing...blood pumping. It's absolutely amazing I tell ya!

Maybe that's why I get grumpy when I miss a workout. I'm really grumpy because I miss the blessing in it. I missed my dose of 'feel good medicine'. Hmmmmmm. That makes sense, right?

Wednesday, I was unorganized, felt like I was in a hurry, completely impatient, running behind. (Remember, I missed my workout cuz I had to 'run out the door'.) Thursday on the other hand, I was tackling my to-do list, handling naptime as it came, adapted my list to accomadate a sleeping baby...and still got the important stuff done - with some mommy & boys' time with the slip & slide in the backyard. Life was good Thursday. This all followed a great high intensity workout!

So you know what is on the agenda first thing today: TurboFire baby...(and then I'm getting my toes done.) I have a light day today since I worked so hard to get the house clean on Thursday. What a pay-off! Score for me, the boys, and daddy! I think I'll stick to working out daily. How 'bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment