Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Time-Management - What step have I taken

If you keep posted on my life, you know I am a goals-driven person. Yesterday, I highlighted my latest huge goal. I believe setting goals are essential to achieving something in life...but most of us don't take the time to achieve anything. Why not?

Lack of time-management maybe? (Lack of motivation is another...I could spend a season of time on that one, maybe soon I will).

But what is time-management? Managing your time. (No brainer, right?) But really, do you manage your time? We get on FB, 'to check something' right? And 15 min. later our kids are having meltdowns because we haven't left to the park yet...that's what was happening in my home too often recently.

In addition to my apparent lack of time-management, I went and set a huge goal for myself. This could easily become something that would rob further time from my family, if I wasn't careful & responsible. My family is my top priority. But to have a goal that is beyond my family...I've got to master this time-management thing!!!

How often do we say, "I need more time"? We all say it right? What if you were to get up an hour or 2 earlier to get more done. Not sit in front of FB, or maybe you do make that your one hour of social media for the day. But I'm talking about get up early to fold some laundry, declutter the kitchen, balance your checkbook, or workout.

In order for me to be more productive w/ my kids, I needed more time of the day to be w/ them. I have been working out around 9:30 a.m., but in order for us to get to the park or out of the house w/out the heat of summer cookin' us, I had to make a change. 

Solution: Wake up & GET UP to work out at 5:30 a.m.

My change does 2 things:
  • Allows me to work out, which is a top priority.
  • Allows me more time in the morning hours to spend w/ my kids...which are my top of the top priority!
What's also happened is, I get my work and blog done, usually by the time they wake up. Lucky for them, they do not have witness mom sitting in front of the computer too long or too much.

It's 8: 30 a.m. and so far today I've:
  1. Folded 2 loads of laundry
  2. Checked my email & FB
  3. Followed up w/ current BB members
  4. Completed my workout
  5. Completed my blog
So with that said, the baby is now awake, and it's time to "start"our day! I am starting the day off w/ such sense of accomplishment. Most of "my work" is done.

Next stop: Breakfast, some Word & then a spray park!!!! Living life w/ ease as I fight to manage my time.

Managed TIME = Managed LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment