Friday, July 29, 2011

Have you found YOUR MISSION?

This last year has been full of self-evaluation and personal development. Making decisions and pursuing them. Creating to-do lists daily and checking off action items that get me closer to my goals. Ridding my life of obligations that do NOT move me toward my goals. Pursuing relationships to help others and their families. Prioritizing my husband, my kids, and my home, but not giving up on my dreams and losing my identity in the process.

Get your's cheap on Amazon!
One book that is currently shedding light on who I am is Personality Plus by Florence Littauer. This is a great book to grade your strengths and recognize your weaknesses. This is something we all should do. Our relationships will grow and prosper when we realize what is part of our personality and what we need to work on.

The more you know about yourself,
the more of an impact
you can leave on this world!
And that's what I want to do.

Most of my posts and a blog entries focus on health and fitness, but there is more to me than that. I am a person of honesty, transparency, integrity, hard work, responsibility, and strive to have self-discipline in every area.

In addition to those, I am passionate. I want to help people so much that my heart breaks because I often find that I want more for people than they do for themselves.

A couple of weeks ago, I signed up people for a challenge...over the next 8 months a handful of my friends will have the opportunity to qualify for a grand prize of $100,000. Yes, there is recognition for the 'coach' that helps them...but something else brought tears to my eyes.

See, I have people in my life that have to get their health back. There are major health consequences for them, if they don't. So the reward for me truly is that in 1 year from now, my friends will transform their bodies through diet and exercise...and will get their health back in the process. This will give them more time with their loved ones, more energy for the kids/grandkids, their marriages, their careers, and their ministries. I get to cheer them on to do more, be more, and live longer!!!

I wouldn't be here, if it weren't for dreaming. After walking along the side of my husband (http://www.piggywenttothegym.com/) on his 200+ lb. weight loss journey, I have such a huge heart for obese/overweight people. My heart aches when I hear people share that they feel that will be big forever or they can't even start to lose.

I told my husband a few days ago that I want to go down in history as the Mother Theresa of Fitness. Now, while I am not Mother Theresa...(she was amazing!!!) - my thought is that I want to help as many people as I can lose the weight that keeps them in bondage. I want to help people break free from the lies that they "will be like this forever". When I die, I want a sanctuary full of people who I helped lose weight. Instead of a slideshow of pictures of me...I want a slideshow of people's 'Before & After' pics. I want to have a mass of people at my funeral, who have lost a massive amount of weight.

Every meal served w/ veggie/fruit!
I don't know, I'm dreaming. But while I pursue those dreams, I am also teaching my own children how to ENJOY exercise and make healthy food choices. It is true that my oldest will blurt out in public somewhere, "Look momma, they're eating junk"...and it is true that I cannot reach for a diet soda since he is patrolling me...But I have so much peace & joy that my kids are growing up withOUT hardening of the arteries...(since many 3-4 yr. olds are developing that from all the kid's meals they get). And they are making their own healthy choices at such an early age!


Daniel, workin' those legs!!!
I'm also teaching my kids that we take care of our bodies to serve others, and for longer. Without our health, what can we do for God, what can we do for others, right? And serving others is a priority to me. Helping people is something that my boys will learn.

Taking our eyes off ourselves
to help others will bring a life of contentment and fulfillment.
And that's what I want my kids to learn.


You see, being a coach is not for any amount of money really, being a coach is all about having tools to give people to help them live longer and have more fulfilling lives with their spouses and families. It's all for you!!!!


I made these & have them up
in my kitchen!!!!
Perhaps today was all about downloading my passion, my mission, my heart. I hope that somewhere in our relationship, I have inspired you to take better care of yourself.

You only get one life. You only get one body. Take care of both of them.

EAT TO LIVE & YOU'LL LIVE LONGER!

No comments:

Post a Comment