Monday, July 18, 2011

Measurable Results!

I am a person who loves seeing results, whatever it is! I love seeing $$$ in the bank, a clean room, empty laundry baskets, people loving on me (healthy relationships), and 'down 1 lb.' on the scale.

The FIT TEST that you do every couple weeks with the Insanity program, shows you that you're improving & I love it. Today is the beginning of WEEK 5. It is suppose to be the beginning of recovery week, but I wanted to start it off w/ a little 'report card' of our improvement. To stay transparent & accountable, I will list my numbers from the first week of starting Insanity...and will list today's results.

FIT TEST RESULTS & IMPROVEMENT:

Exercise/Move                         End of Week 1-June 25th                   Start of Week 5 - July 18th
Switch Kicks                                      80                                                88     (+8)
Power Jacks                                       50                                                65     (+15)
Power Knees                                     106                                               103   (-3) ????
Power Jumps                                      34                                                40     (+14)
Globe Jumps                                      12                                                 18     (+6)
Suicide Jumps                                    17                                                 21     (+4)
Push-Up Jacks                                   13 (most on knees)                        20     (+7)     (on feet too!)
Low Plank Obliques                            56                                                82     (+26)


Now What?

Now, in just another 2-3 weeks, I will reevaluate myself again. This is a great gauge that serves a purpose. One, I see that I am physically changing/improving w/ strength and endurance. And two, proves that this program works.

Another way that I know that I am doing something right - I am down 5 lbs. It's always a challenge for me to drop weight once I hit 134/135. I think it's a mental thing. Since my original goal was to 'get below 137 lbs.', I seem to get stuck at 134...maybe 133...then I go up a pound or 2. This was my original goal - I  wanted to weigh in at this weight because that's what I weighed before I got pregnant w/ boy #2.

Now, I'm wrapping my mind around getting down to 127 lbs., since that is the lowest weight I've ever been in my adult life. I think I was 21 or 22 years old, (12 yrs. ago) when I weighed that...and I did it the WRONG way of using Hydroxycut!

Now, I'm 34 & I'm doing it all-natural. Through diet & exercise! Healthy foods, no artificial/stimulant help! I do have people asking me 'when are you going to stop losing weight?'...Their question needs to be "when are going to stop taking on ridiculous challenges?"

(Next challenge may be the Volkslauf. I keep toying with the idea. And I've got to make a decision very soon.)

So, I think the answer to that last question is "NEVER". Because as soon as we stop taking on challenges - we stop growing! And who want to stop growing???? NOT ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment