Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Challenged Myself!

I swear by to-do lists. There are certain things that must be done by a certain time.

 
For me, my early, early mornings are for devo time...followed by a workout, preferably to start no later than 5:45 a.m. Once my workout is complete by 6:45ish, I start on my blog, get to my emails, and work on my business. I aim to be done by 8:00/8:30 since this is the time that both boys are awake and their tummies are growling.

 
This allows me to make appointments at 9:30 a.m. & on.

 
The problem lies when I don't start my workout on time. Then I run late with the workout, run over into my computer time, which is something that I try to keep within boundaries for the sake of my kids. Kids easily becoming whiny when we're focused on this thing...and then we feel guilty over it all, right? So if I do it all when they are asleep or dad is here for them...life is good!

 
Here's my challenge...when things don't go as planned - total attitude meltdown!

 
I premise that all to share that this morning, I tried to start my workout at 6:45 a.m. today. NO BUENO!

My mind is racing over all the things I have on the agenda for the morning with emails & stuff I need to work on! To stay diligent and on time with my goals, I have these 2 hours only in the morning (when the kids are asleep) to do my work - otherwise, it never gets done & I end up not progressing!

 
When this is all on my mind, I cannot stay focused on the workout. As I'm trying to do power jumps this morning, I'm looking at the clock...you ever watch sand run out on the hour glass-- those last bits of sand put pressure on you...pressure you don't want to feel. This was my thinking: my time for all my a.m. stuff is running out.

 
The only downfall is that my husband is my workout partner. So of course I'm trying to hang in there & want to continue to work out with him for his sake...but this frustration over not getting done what I need to is nagging at me! So I just stop & go 'to work'! Now, I will fight to fit in my workout later. (Which will be some Turbo, since Chalene Johnson is my hero & will snap me back into the mood I want.)

 
WE NEED A RESOLUTION!!! 
  • The alarms sounds at 5 a.m. - WE BOTH MUST GET UP!!!  No snoozing or dragging butt!
  • We must start our workout by 5:30 a.m. - No running late!
  • We must be done by 6:30 a.m. - No compromising!

 
See - 1 1/2 mos. ago, I set a goal. As a result, I came up with an action plan of 'pushing play on my business for 90 days'. In this short, but focused amount of time, I can lay a solid foundation for my business!

My obstacles were my lack of time management. So what did I do? I created a schedule to allow myself time to work my business WITHOUT taking from my family.

However, at the same time, I also set goal to complete the Insanity workout program! So, now I have 2 things I have to work on before 8 a.m.

 
All that to say, this morning did not go as planned, so I am challenged. My attitude is challenged! My mood is challenged! Perhaps writing about it will help me release the frustration. Now I have the challenge to work out sometime today. But I'll do a 30-45 min. Turbo as the kids play or something. It's easier to fit a workout in w/ them up & going, than time on the computer...that's for sure!

Thanks for listening. Do me a favor: Keep me accountable to waking up at 5 a.m. daily! Who commit to doing that for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment