Monday, August 8, 2011

YOUR SPOUSE NEEDS YOU...

Aw...marriage. No one tells you how hard it can be BEFORE you say "I do". Right? And then you come home from the honeymoon...and the honeymoon is over. Or is it?

Do you ever see those couples that are still in love? There is a couple that I know...just met them in the last few months...they have little ones and still go on date nights...weekly. They speak to eachother with love, respect, pursuit, and desire. They are ga-ga in love...still! They really minister to me.

I am reminded very often that my husband needs me...needs me to just listen, to just be there. I can get too focused on tasks, the kids, chores, ideas that cover...everything...My passion can take me away from one of my most important priorities: MY HUSBAND. (Obviously, I need to be more passionate about him, huh?)

This morning, I finished the chapter "Managing Your Marriage" in the book I am working through (message me for details). And wow...I walked away from my time with these words of what our spouses (husbands, this is for you too) need from us.

They need:
  • Time: Time alone from the kids, time to listen, time to hold eachother.
  • Attention: Full on attention, none of this listening while FBing, texting, etc. Put the media AWAY for goodness sakes and give your spouse the attention they need!
  • Affection: Hugs, kisses, closeness. And HUSBANDS...affection WITHOUT something else in mind. Just genuine gestures of love & comfort to show you care.
  • Help: We are to be helpmates right? So why is one spouse doing it ALL? Doing it all as in housework, chores, working, planning for the future, caring for the kids. HELP EACHOTHER DAILY!
  • Self-Discipline: YES! Even in your marriage. Your spouse will be greatly relieved when you lose those few pounds that you constantly procrastinate about losing. They will benefit if you don't OVERSPEND when shopping (men this applies to you too). Your spouse's clothes will be folded, the kids won't be screaming, and dinner will be cooked (and not burnt) if you control your internet time. Practice self-discipline for the sake of removing the burdens off your spouse of frustration.
  • Patience: Now while we be frustrating to eachother by our lack of responsibility, there are times that spouses are unreasonable and have NO patience during the times that we need extra grace. If your spouse asks you for more patience, give it to them. See what happens.
  • Determination: One of the worst things I think a spouse should have to endure is a spouse who WILL NOT endure. Oh man! A lazy, easily-quitting, never reaching or setting any goals type of spouse (especially when the other is driven) is a wet blanket on a hot fire. Do yourself & your spouse a favor & get motivated, determined & refuse to give up!
Remember when you were dating??? You both were wearing 'rose-colored glasses'. You know what I'm talking about. You were all in love, the very annoying things now were completely overlooked. The emotions were running high and you missed all the qualities that either make or break a deal.

Let's be a blessing to eachother. Let's try harder for the sake of the other. Let's work to help eachother be the best we can. Let's make the other a priority and make sure their needs are met before you set out on a mission to help everyone else. We need eachother. We signed up for life. Let's give eachother our best so that we endure to the end of life!

May God bless your marriage today, give you the strength to do your best with it...and may you stay together with JOY, PEACE, and LOVE everyday until 'death do you part'.


My goal is this...to be nearly 90, ga-ga in love with my husband. It will take perseverance, ability to forgive, the fight to not give into the world's way of thinking. divorce if you decide that 'it's just not working out' or 'you just don't like 'em anymore'. It will take great responsibility to do my best to meet his needs, honor him, serve him, and stay faithful with my heart, soul, mind, and body.




However, the rewards will be great: I will have my best friend there to hold me, love me, and take care of me...when I do all of this! Let's make our marriages strong & make them last!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment