Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Consistent Tracking Works!

Three weeks ago, I was 134. I have been going between 131 & 134 for ONE YEAR!!!

Despite the length of time that has gone by - my efforts to 'lose' have never quit. However, I did change my goal from 'lose weight' to 'finish P90X hybrid'...and now w/ just 30 days left, I am seeing my own body transform.

And I'm proud to anounce this last week I finally broke into the 120s...to 129.4. And here is how:

I TRACKED EVERYTHING!!!

From the start of P90X - I tracked the number of reps and weight I used each exercise of each workout. The beauty of this is that each time I work out, I can look back at the previous week, see how I did and then add a rep or 3...or go up in weight...or both. Doing this took me to maxing out w/ 22.5 lb. dumbbells for my curls...up from 17.5 lbs. at the start of October! The program is designed for the participants to do this...why? Because it works & you get results. You will soon see at the end of November the results of the program!

Now, as I was trucking along with my workouts...and working out hard, I felt like I should be getting more results on the scale, despite my focus on building muscle. And it wasn't until I started tracking every bite w/ using www.livestrong.com that I finally was able to keep losing, week after week. Since starting to track my #s religiously on there, I have not gone up. Three weeks is not very long, I know, but for me my weight had been up and down - weekly! But now, I keep my calories at what they should be...and don't eat the calories I burn w/ my workouts!

I look forward to next Monday to see a continual decline on my chart. And if I reach 128 next week, 127 the following...I will be sold on this website, calorie tracking method for sure.

Also, I'll add that this month I got more strict w/ measuring out my chicken weight on a scale. Those breast I eat are more than a serving...and now, I weigh them to see how many ounces they are so that I can enter in an exact # for calories.

Is this all work? Heck yes it is.
But is it worth it? Heck yes it is!

So often we want something, but don't want to put in the effort. All the short cuts that last short term bring very little gratification. As I go up in lbs. on the weights I'm pressing/curling, or complete a 'wall squat' or 'chair salutation'...I am so pumped that my body has the strength to endure. When I put on size 6 jeans...and they're loose in the waist, I'm pumped!

And as I stay w/in my calorie range -
I celebrate that my appetite and cravings
DO NOT CONTROL ME!

I am a woman with a mission! I am going to complete this program and get great results! Join me on this adventure - you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment