Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Prayer Poem this morning...

Lord, please take all my fears and cares away,
Let me hear what You have to say.

Things, people, thoughts and lists,
Keep my mind distracted and I know I surely miss....

All that You have to show me, all that You have to say.
When You are all I need, help me hide away....

Away from all the buzz, noise and sound,
Pick me up off this cold anxious ground.

The cares of this world are dragging me down,
Help me, save me, resurrect me now.

What is all this busyness even for?
In all my chasing of lots & more -

I still find myself empty and poor,
Yet I know You can lift me off this lonely floor.

It's too easy to lose focus to the wrong things,
Worried about people and all their pleasing -

When it's only You I need to obey,
Help me be resilient to what they say.

They are not YOU, they're irrelevant to my life.
They didn't die on the cross, You crucified this strife.

Refocus my time, energy and mind,
Only to the things You call me to find.

Protect me from the distractions, confusion, and frustrations,
Set my heart on Yur work of purifying and sanctification.

I give you my goals, dreams, and desires -
Please take them through Your hot refining fire.

Speak to me, change me, make me new,
Sovereignly prune out what is not of You.

My life is poured out for Your use,
I love you Lord, I truly do.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment