Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Inspired tonight, what may come of this?

Thank you Lord for the rain drops outside my window...
The patting of the refreshment upon the parched soil.

Lord bring Your drops of presence into our parched hearts God.
Where the world and our relationships has squelched the fertility of our land.

Bible verses slung here and there, of this too, I am guilty.
For Your truth we stand, yet with our words others receive hostility.

Forgive me for the recklessness I've followed before,
One of superiority, pride, and elitism, as though we knew You more.

Yet, I am reminded that nothing really does separate us from Your love,
You long for our response to Your constant flow of rich grace from above.

Oh Lord, how do we all miss it in so many ways,
We don't stop long enough to hear what You have to say.

You say, "Come to me ALL who are weary and heavy laden,
To our souls you will give rest."

Tell me Lord, why do many of just keep striving,
Competing to be the best?

We see it from the pulpits on through the city buildings,
Suits, ties, briefcases, even the church is hungry for the Benjamins.

Lord, when will we stop all this chasing, unforgiving, lustful living,
When will we stop filling the voids with things unsatisfying.

When did Your people get off track,
Was it at the tree, a long time back?

Yes, that's where it began, and we can bring it to an end,
Jesus Christ paid the price for us to begin again.

It is Your Spirit available everyday,
Just as thick and widespread as this pouring rain.

Refresh our hearts Lord,
Turn our hearts back to you.

Resurrect our dreams Lord,
The ones You've given us to do.

Remind our minds Lord,
That apart from You we can do nothing.

Reassure our souls Lord,
That today can be the new beginning....

Of new life, new joy, new peace, new hope,
Of walking each day & everyday with You, never alone.

Break off the blinders that keep us from seeing our sins,
The sins that are bringing dismay, discouragement, and dissensions.

Break off the addictions that keep us imprisoned by our flesh,
The addictions that bring harm, hurt, and hate - they all leave us such a mess.

Break off the lies, the words spoken over us from birth,
The words that have ripped off our confidence, security and self-worth.

All of these things Lord, You alone can do,
Yet we need to be willing to lay these things down and give them to You.

Lay down the hate, anger, envy and strife,
Lay down the hurt, bitterness, and selfish pride.

Help us Lord to forgive those who have sinned against us,
Because You, perfect God, did just that through Your Son, Jesus.

Bring us into complete trust of the work on the Cross,
Help us realize we have all to gain without loss.

For You oh God, are a good God,
Willing to forgive, change, restore, and renew.

Willing to give us another day to love,
Another day to accept the opportunity we have in You.

For those who have yet to accept You as their Lord,
Unveil Your everlasting love and grace, just what You died for.

Lead them to a place of feeling Your presence,
Allow them to see a glimpse of Your glory and significance.

Not to just convince them, for then it is not faith,
But for their testimony that they too have seen God's face.

Continue to rain down Your sovereign truth and light,
As the water from the sky pours down on us tonight.

----As I write this tonight, I reminisce on the words in class about the Father's Love for us.

Lord, help me understand how vastly You love me. And help me God, to receive that impartial, abudant, never fading or wavering love.

...for God is love.
1 John 4:8
 
Why is this kind of love so unfamiliar and foreign? Help me Lord to receive it and then to extend it. Extend Your kind of love to my husband, my sons, my parents, my siblings, my friends, and extended family....and everyone else.
 


For God so loved the world,
that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish,
but have eternal life.
John 3:16
 
I pray God has touched your heart as you read this in this moment. In a world where children are raised without love, how can they receive the Father's love? I pray you will open your mouth and let any and all questions, fears, words, everything on your mind be poured out to God. Despite your lack of acknowledgement, He is always there loving you, waiting for your response and acceptance.
 
If you truly want the Lord to be your Savior and give you this new life...it just takes a few simple words: Lord, I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that You are Lord and Savior of my life, Jesus Christ. I confess I am a sinner in need of Your saving work, and I accept Your invitation into Your family...and finally into Your arms. And I ask that the Holy Spirit would now fill my body, renew my mind, restore my broken heart, and make me the new creation You promise You will do. For today, I receive salvation, my place in the heavenlies. Lord guide me now as I spend this life living now for You! Amen.
 
If you truly accepted God for the first time, or just rededicated your life to Him and you want some information or guidance to this new commitment to a life with God...what a relationship with Christ looks like, I'd love to correspond with you. Email me at promojen@gmail.com & God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment